- Teaching Certification
Enhance the student’s mastery of concepts and academic skills in targeted subject areas based on
student/classroom needs. Reinforce classroom instruction for individual student or small/whole
groups. Perform duties and activities under direct supervision of an assigned certified staff member.
Maintains confidentiality of student/staff information in the school and in the community.
JOB DUTIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Implement individual or small/whole group instructional lessons or related activity under the
supervision of the assigned certified teacher.
2. Document and report student behavior as directed by the teacher.
3. Supervise students during lunch, recess, arrival and departure times, and/or community
trips as directed.
4. Escort students within the building, as directed by the classroom teacher.
5. Lift, transfer, position, toilet, etc. (this is special skills only)
6. Attend meetings and staff development activities as assigned, providing observations and
reports as requested.
7. Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
1. Effective communication skills.
2. Experience working with students in an educational setting (preferred).
1. Para Educator, Substitute, Professional Educator or Provisional Educator License required.
2. Minimum education requirement for a Para Educator License is completion of at least 60
semester hours of college course work or a passing score on the ETS Para Pro exam or two
specific Work Keys exams.
3. Bilingual - Spanish/English (written/verbal) preferred.
1. Lift, transfer, position, toileting etc. (for special skills positions only)
2. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with proper technique.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is determined by the Board of Education, as is salary and work year.