Mechanical Piping Estimator
Degree from college, trade school or equivalent combination of technical training.
5-10 years experience in similar mechanical construction estimating.
The estimator is fully responsible and accountable to provide complete accurate quantity survey information in preparing proposal estimates, Piping Mechanical projects.
- Uses estimating software to do quantified take-offs.
- Reviews RFP’s, Specifications, Basis of Design Narrative and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepares HVAC piping take-offs.
- Solicits subcontractor bids and vendor quotes.
- Assembles estimating spreadsheets.
- Prepares, coordinates, and conveys job related instructions, information, questions and clarification between superiors, peers, estimating staff in order to assure that assigned work meets the requirements of the project bid documents.
- Maintains a clear and commanding knowledge of company's standards, policies, procedures, methods, and practices.
- Performs professional and persuasive written and verbal communication as to insure favorable relationships with company's Clients.
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 5 years (Required)