This is not a position through Marshall University. This position is located at the INTO University Partnerships, INTO Marshall University. Marshall University is posting on behalf of the INTO program.
For full announcement and how to apply go to https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=784f8d56-cd0b-4d3e-a1ac-d483f8f0a37e&jobId=50622&lang=en_US&source=CC2&ccId=19000101_000001. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed website will be considered.
To provide support services for INTO Marshall University students that will enhance their university experience. The individual in this position has a high level of decision making and authority. Takes responsibility for all areas listed below and consults on other areas in Student Affairs. Consults with the Director of Student Experience as needed.
This is a valued role in a growing, dynamic organization, so the accountabilities of the position may change over time, but will include the following:
Housing & Arrivals:
- Act as point of contact for INTO Marshall University regarding campus housing and arrival inquiries
from students, parents and agents
- Coordinate with Housing and Residence Life in regard to housing, arrival and departure logistics, policies, and other relevant details
- Serve as liaison with local, private properties to help provide off campus housing options for our students
- Provide status and occupancy reports as needed
- Coordinate with Marshall University housing regarding campus housing policies, accommodation allocations and charges
- Manage airport transfer shuttle service for students, including arrival times, communication with students and drop-off points
- Share responsibility for the INTO Marshall University emergency/arrival phone Welcome Desk Supervision
- Enhance the student experience by customer focused interaction with students and the INTO Marshall University Welcome Desk
- Oversee scheduling and evaluation of Welcome Desk staff Student Care and Conduct
- Provide guidance and referral services to students who need these types of resources
- Maintain communication with parents, sponsors and agents in accordance with FERPA about health and safety, incidents, and any problems affecting their ability to be successful at Marshall
- Develop and maintain confidential student records relative to conduct and well-being
- Maintain good working relationships with the Counselling Center, Psychology Clinic, Student Health, Office of Disability Services, International Student Services, Campus Safety, Student Affairs, and other university departments to ensure quality services for international students
- Work with the INTO Marshall University academic team to address issues of academic success, including assisting with attendance and academic probation processes
- Service as a point of contact for urgent and emergency student safety issues International Peer Educator Program
- Support the Marshall International Peer Educator program, including promotion, recruitment, mentor selection, direct supervision of the head IPE, and ongoing training.
- Work closely with Marshall University Student Affairs to appropriately allocate international mentor resources
- Supervise mentors in executing social programs, trips, orientation events, conversation programs, and other engagement opportunities
- Maintenance of international student engagement model and learning outcomes
- Develop and oversee programs and activities which align with INTO Marshall University learning outcomes, using strategic partnerships wherever possible
- Plan student engagement trips, events and activities
- Assume responsibility for risk management, liability issues, and student welfare for all INTO Marshall University sponsored student activities
- Track activities budget, maintain profit margin for student services
- Create flyers, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, etc. as needed to promote Student Services events or programs Internships & Alumni Outreach
- Instruct sections of UNI 103 to provide career development experiences for students
- Manage INTO Marshall University Job Shadowing and Internships initiatives
- Create partnerships with on-campus and off-campus entities to host students for career development experiences ensuring that all student emphasis areas are represented
- Collaborate with partners to aide students in their job/internship search process
- Supervise students to ensure experiences are being completed in a timely and professional manner
- Work with the Marketing and Recruitment Team and the Marshall University Alumni Association to develop a system to track INTO Marshall University Alumni
- Develop paths of communication with our alumni to provide an interactive network where our students can reach out to them and they can share their experiences
- Work with Marketing and Recruitment Team and Marshall University Alumni Association to identify opportunities for students who have returned to their home countries to connect
- Provide support and resources for students seeking on-campus employment as well as OPT and H1B opportunities post-graduation
- Assist with the planning and implement new student orientation prior to the start of each program
- Work with staff from academics, admissions, and finance teams regarding testing, advising, and registration of new students.
- Prepare informational materials and orientation sessions to ensure a successful transition to INTO Marshall University for our students
- Work with outside vendors to provide access to resources on-campus for students during orientation including banks, cell phone providers, catering, etc.)
- Collaborate with the INTO Marshall University Marketing and Communications Specialist to generate marketing content from social activities and trips such as photos, videos, student quotes and
descriptions of student services
- Liaise with INTO North America and relevant Marshall departments to create a comprehensive Pre-Departure Guide for incoming students
- Availability on some nights and weekends for events, emergencies, and other needs
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (include certifications) Salary Range Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary Type Time Type Work Location OTHR - Other Off-Campus Location
Must be able to perform all essential job duties as outlined in the job description.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number MU459E Open Date 03/06/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions Summary
INTO University Partnerships, (INTO) a large, privately owned corporation with a powerful, worldwide presence in the international student recruitment field collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimatize to life on a US university campus
and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize universities in the US, UK and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, Drew University, George Mason University, Saint Louis University, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Washington State University, Suffolk University, Illinois State University and Hofstra University.
INTO Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia. International travel may be required and the incumbent must be able to travel freely to and from the United States.