Gothenburg Health seeks an energetic, growth-oriented athletic trainer with a background in sports medicine and orthopedic injuries. We’re looking for a motivated individual who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly energized environment. You will develop and maintain strong relationships with local schools to provide direct connection between Gothenburg Health providers; primarily sports and medical rehab team as well as orthopedic surgical team. You will also provide on-site athletic training services for sporting competition and events as needed and implement injury prevention programs with student athletes.
Additionally, the role will have a large focus on corporate health and wellness for Gothenburg Health and other collaborating organizations. You will drive leading edge company-wide wellness strategy. Provide leadership, strategic direction, and necessary support to build a world-class wellness culture which drives the performance of the organization. The successful candidate will have experience, but we’re also willing to train. If you have a positive attitude and a dedication to excellence, we’re excited to talk with you.
- Establish regular presence at local schools, supporting athletic practices and competitions.
- Educate student-athletes in injury prevention by advising them in proper use of equipment, exercises to improve balance and strength, home exercises and therapy programs.
- Recognize, evaluate and assess injuries and provide for immediate care when needed.
- Apply protective or injury-prevention devices such as tape, bandages and braces as necessary.
- Evaluate and document injuries of clients upon intake.
- Meet regularly with physicians regarding specific injuries, injury evaluations and treatment options for patients.
- Interact with clients to help them feel motivated, secure and confident.
- Ascertain clients’ goals and help them create a plan for achieving them.
- Monitor clients during treatments.
- Teach exercises to clients for performance in-house or at home.
- Travel to local schools, hospital, rehab center and client homes when necessary.
- Prepare and process paperwork for physicians and insurance companies.
- Occasionally assist physical and occupational therapists with devising Plans of Care for clients.
- Corporate Wellness Coordinator Specific
- Lead and influence 150+ employees and their families to achieve a higher quality of life.
- Develop, design, and implement strategic programming related to health and wellness.
- Incorporate existing wellness initiatives including company-wide health screens into the creation of a comprehensive strategy to drive improvements.
- Assess the physical fitness and overall health of targeted groups of people.
- Utilize available resources (i.e. local fitness instructors) to generate customized activities that are designed to produce measurable as well as intangible health improvements.
- Liaise with in-house registered dietician to educate individuals about the proper fuel that their bodies need to function optimally.
- Collaborate with Registered Dietician to orchestrate dietary based activities such as classes about healthy food preparation, clean eating choices and backyard gardening.
- Utilize access to scales, body mass index readers and laboratory tests to track individuals’ progress towards their personal wellness goals.
- Analyze trend data around health and wellness to build, implement, and execute necessary strategies.
- Represent Gothenburg Health’s wellness brand in the community through speaking events and community involvement.
- Oversee planning and execution of annual wellness fair.
- Collaborate with on-site resources including the YMCA plus external partnerships (ex. Holmes Murphy) to achieve key outcomes.
- Track participation in wellness related programming and training that drives engagement.
- Work in collaboration with the YMCA at Gothenburg Health to achieve joint initiatives.
- Assist the YMCA at Gothenburg Health with relevant projects as a second priority to primary job functions.
- Has a clear understanding of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations and follows hospital-wide policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and personnel information.
- Performs other related duties as needed in order to support the achievement of department goals and objectives.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
- Strong at multi-tasking and strives to complete required paper work accurately and efficiently.
- Energized by working in a fast-paced outpatient clinic
- Ability to communicate professionally with a diverse constituency.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Walk or run for long periods of time.
- May require stooping, squatting, bending, and lifting.
- May be asked to attend special meetings and workshops, which may require out of town travel.
- Patience, tact and cooperation in dealing with doctors, patients, visitors and hospital personnel.
- Must be able to handle multiple interruptions with patience and tact.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree (Required) in related field of study preferred.
- 2 years of experience in athletic training setting (Required).
- Current NATA certification in good standing.
- Current NE License or proactive in the application process.
- CPR and AED for Professional Rescuer Certification or higher.
- Sufficient strength to assist with transferring patients using proper body mechanics.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year