OnPoint, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sapient Government Services, is a vibrant, energetic, and growing ISO-certified technology and management consulting partner that provides critical thinking, strategic analysis, and thought leadership in a collaborative environment in an enduring effort to improve performance, lower costs, and achieve results for clients. We are guided by our principles: Clarity. Action. Results—for each client engagement we work to gain clarity, move into action, and achieve results. OnPoint specializes in delivering solutions in Information Assurance, Network Operations, Project Management and Systems Development.
OnPoint has an immediate opening for a Scrum Master on the Enterprise Reporting team managing complex client engagements to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual development and high performance standards. The primary functions of this position include project management, client management, and team leadership. The individual in this role will be responsible for overseeing enterprise reporting development teams and working under the SAFe Agile methodology. We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem solve, and a record of ensuring that project milestones and deadlines are met. This position will be located in the Ballston area of Arlington County, VA.
- Oversee design, implementation, QA, and validation of enterprise reporting products
- Create project outlines and timelines and distribute responsibilities to team members
- Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups, and meetings to monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
- Maintain the Kanban board, sprint backlog, product backlog, burn-down charts
- Maintain Risks and Dependencies
- Use data and statistical analysis to provide direction and support for project decisions.
- Consolidate data from various sources to formulate recommendations and compose briefings suitable for presenting to senior management
- Analyze feedback for communication back to the Agile development team.
- Maintain daily/ weekly project and program reporting as needed by the PMO
- Create process checklists and standards for SAFe Agile Development Lifecycle
- Attend various Scrum ceremonies, ECB and other SDLC meetings, in order to promote the project through the various gates
- Shape team behavior through excellent management via the SAFe Agile methodology
- Remove project obstacles, develop solutions with team
- Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout project lifecycle
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program owners
- Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
- Act as a leader to the enterprise reporting development teams
- Develop and maintain relationships between the business departments, the Agile development teams and other IT departments
- Experience with Agile development lifecycle including the ability to define and document features, user stories, and tasks
- Experience facilitating Agile meetings including daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint retrospective, and backlog refinement
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage detail work on multiple work streams and communicate status effectively to all levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to master the solutions as used by the end-users.
- Strong individual contributor
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills while possessing ability to build strong rapport with customers and team members
- Exceptional presentation skills - able to communicate data, analyses and findings effectively and clearly
- Experience with SAFe Agile methodology a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- Prior experience with Department of State systems and/or processes a plus
- 5 or more years with SDLC of large complex government software systems preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) development, enterprise reporting & analytic tools, SAP Business Objects, MicroStrategy, IBM Cognos, and Oracle OBIEE preferred
Business Casual/Gov Site
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some local travel may be required
Required Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree required or equivalent additional work experience
- Security clearance: Secret or Top-Secret
- Scrum Master certification
- Some travel may be required within the Metro DC area
- 5 years of Scrum Master experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Candidates must have at least an active Secret clearance. Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance is desired.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57.00 to $70.00 /hour
- Scrum Master: 5 years (Required)
- Secret Clearance (Required)
- Scrum Master (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off