THIS IS FULL-TIME, YEAR-ROUND POSITION LOCATED AT OUR RESERVATIONS OFFICE IN TRAVERSE CITY, MI.
Mission Point Resort is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Reservations Agent - this position is located in our Traverse City, MI office. Mission Point Resort is the only full service, casual resort on the island and is an extremely popular vacation destination. This position is full time year-round, offering competitive pay, benefits, and other perks. The ideal applicant will have at least 1 year of customer service experience (hotel/resort guest service experience is a plus).
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Assist guests with coordinating their guestroom accommodations to fit their needs while promoting Mission Point Resort's amenities and lodging packages.
ESSENTIAL DAILY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Make reservations for guests to their specifications given the resort’s availability.
- PromoteMission Point Resort's amenities and lodging packages
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner to potential and previous guests.
- Assist with Expedia reservations deposits and enter them into the system.
- Assist with iHotel reservations deposits and ensuring that they are in the system.
- Keep a daily tic sheet and phone log of all incoming phone calls.
- Return voicemails and respond to emails in a professional and prompt manner.
- Complete amenity request forms.
- Input tax exempt information.
- File any paperwork that pertains to the reservations department.
- Perform any additional duties assigned.
- High School Education or equivalent and at least 1 year of customer services experience (hotel/resort guest service experience is a plus) are required for candidates to be considered for this position.
- Must be able to work both in the morning and night to cover the various work shifts.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions guided by policy and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude at all times.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team.
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive be prepared to develop extensive knowledge of Mackinac Island, Mission Point Resort, and its services and facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)