Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Our fast-growing group of Research Program Managers build and scale global research programs to strengthen the impact of our world-class Research team. We do this by implementing operational systems, connecting teams and knowledge, and problem solving operational hurdles to enable Researchers to do their most impactful work. In this position you will use a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills that help our talented teams operate at their highest and most effective level.
This particular Program Manager role is a new role, with an opportunity for someone to build on and improve our survey research review process and resources. The main responsibilities for this role are to own and evolve the logistics and monitoring of our internal and external facing survey research review processes. You will liaison with internal partner team members and external research vendors to build the right tooling and processes to support our survey research reviews and to refine and adjust it as necessary. You will also develop educational and training materials for Researchers and aid in monitoring the quality and integrity of the survey research review process. You will oversee and facilitate the training of our staff research reviewers, and schedule staff researchers to provide consistent research reviewer availability.
This role requires project management experience and broad knowledge of research’s impact on product development. Communication skills, ability to manage complex logistics, and an organized approach are mandatory. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
Program Management and Education
- Act as the lead for research review operations, managing and maintaining the logistics of internal and external research review processes
- Develop, maintain, monitor and refine processes, including training for staff research reviewers
- Aid and monitor project management tooling and processes for research review
- Predict obstacles and establish solutions to overcome challenges
- Move initiatives forward, find resources, raise concerns to owners early and resolve open issues that prevent progress
- Hold the line when progress is in jeopardy while maintaining relationships
- Collaborate on other research team programs and initiatives
- Travel up to 15% (domestic and international) as needed
Internal Team Liaison
- Manage relationships with Corporate Communications, Legal, Policy and Privacy teams
- Receive updates from these teams and participates in translating these into educational and training materials
- Communicate regularly to ensure all stakeholders are aware of updates to processes, rules and regulations
- Track and maintains training of staff research reviewers to ensure uninterrupted research review coverage
- Track the performance of the research review process against benchmarks and communicates performance metrics to research leadership
4+ years of program or project management experience
2+ years’ experience working with research
Experience managing survey collection market research projects
Experience with communication, organization and juggling multiple priorities
Track record of operating independently and delivering results
Knowledge of regulatory compliance processes
Research review process management experience