Passenger Service Agent(Job Number:
Pegasus Aviation Services, LLC, an Akima Company, is headquartered at Anchorage Int’l Airport in Alaska, the preeminent International Cargo crossroad for Transpacific Freighter activity. Pegasus serves the global aviation industry Domestic and International Passenger and Freighter Airlines and has an established reputation for quality aviation services. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
Pegasus Aviation Services, LLC is a leading provider of maintenance, passenger, ramp, and cargo services to the global aviation industry. Headquartered in the crossroads of the world – Anchorage, AK – Pegasus serves air carriers from around the world, promptly and efficiently. We are The Solution.
Passenger Service Agent (UA PSA)
United Airlines Passenger Service Agents are responsible for working the United Airlines Passenger Service Agent contract and assisting the company meet goals through the provision of services specific to United.
This position is an hourly, non-exempt position with salary dependent upon experience and job performance. This position reports to the United Airlines GM.
- Oversee and provide adequate customer service agent coverage for United
- Provide clear, concise and courteous information for the traveling public
- Must be capable of operating loading bridges and aircraft doors
- Assist disembarking/embarking passengers and personal effects from aircraft
- Assist wheelchair vendor as needed (carry on/carry off/stretcher passengers and personal effects and any passenger requiring assistance)
- Assess passenger’s needs and abilities to make use of the correct mobility equipment
- Carry and operate a radio/pager as required
- Assist special needs passengers/unaccompanied minors and personal effects to ensure a seamless/stress free airport experience using all facilities at the port
- Monitor special needs passengers and personal effects in gate area
- Must maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor at all times
- Operate paging and announcement systems at the gate and ticket counter as required
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Demonstrated high level of expertise in Windows based computer programs, i.e. Excel, Word
- Previous customer service experience
- Public speaking skills
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.
- High School graduate or GED
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds comfortably
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Flight crew and customer relationship skills a must
- Must present a clean and neat work area to our customers
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated, team player
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules
- Be well groomed and follow uniform policy – United Airlines does not allow facial piercings, any visible tattoo’s, and/or vibrant colored hair
- Successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test
- Valid Driver’s license
- Proficiency in a second language an asset
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Speak effectively one-to-one and before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
The PSA on occasion may lift or move with help up to 200 pounds, and/or more frequently lift or move 70 to 100 pounds, and constantly lift or move up to 50 pounds the PSA is regularly required to use hands, talk, hear, bend, stoop, kneel, and is frequently required to stand, walk. The PSA may be required to climb, sit, and balance.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the agent is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The agent is frequently required to climb stairs, bend at the waist, kneel, crouch or stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The PSA is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary dramatically depending on location and time of day. During aircraft arrival the PSA will be exposed to a high noise environment for a short period of time. Hearing protection is required and provided.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status:
Nonexempt or hourly
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: