Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
The Kendo house of brands currently includes:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
This position reports to Director of Procurement or Sr. Procurement Manager. The Procurement Manager will manage all procurement activities for a specific Kendo brand. Develop and implement procurement strategies to promote brand support, low cost, healthy inventory levels and on time deliveries. Build and leverage strong relationships with Product Development, Packaging, Channel Planning, Inventory Management, Sourcing, Project Management, Brand and external vendors to drive the creation and delivery of quality product. Mentor and coach a team of procurement specialists.
- Develop and maintain procurement strategies to support different production models; turnkey, non-turnkey
- Develop and maintain procurement strategies to support different business needs; new launch, regular replenishment, chase, rework and any ad hoc needs
- Manage vendor base through relationship building and education of supply base. Ensure clear communication, timely order management, and flawless execution of orders.
- Drive discussion and decision making with Sourcing team to ensure allocation and needed capacity as vendors support, brand forecast, and new product development
- Work closely with Inventory Management team to insure orders are placed on time to support forecasted demand, maintain healthy inventory levels, and support brand growth
- Effective order placement to optimize cost opportunities
- Manage non-turnkey procurement utilizing MRP or ad hoc tools, ensuring parts/components are delivered on time for completion of production
- Manage and reconcile monthly vendors’ parts/components inventory with Inventory Control team
- Audit and manage with team open order status to insure open order file is up to date and accurate
- Resolve and investigate purchasing and receipt discrepancies amongst finance and/or distribution centers
- Deliver team and department dashboard reporting weekly and monthly
- Mentor and coach direct reports. Aim to build bench strength in the organization.
- 5+ years of procurement experience
- 3+ years of strong team management and team development experience is preferred
- Experience working with vendors in both a turnkey and non-turnkey environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Good written and oral communication skills complemented with highly effective presentation, interpersonal, and consulting skills in working across all aspects of the business, levels of the organizations, and outside contacts
- Experience working with Dynamic AX is a plus