This Charlotte based Field Engineer is the single point of responsibility for commissioning of assigned projects for the Advanced Visual Environment Technical Operations team.
What part will you play?
The Field Engineer is charged with the responsibility of working with assigned project managers and programmers in providing complete, full functional integrated audio-visual systems. The Field Engineer position has two main focal points: (a) commissioning racks in the shop, and (b) commissioning systems in the field to the point that these systems are ready for client training. A Field Engineer also may provide customer training.
Audio Video / AV solutions could include the following:
Projection and Display Devices; Video Wall Displays; Barco, Planar, Cyviz, Cinemassive, & VueWall displays; Digital Signage Systems; Crestron, AMX, or Utelogy Controls; Polycom RealPresence; Acano; Cisco TelePresence systems; Video Teleconferencing; Extron; Audio DSP systems; Wireless Microphones; Biamp Nexia / Biamp Tesira; PTZ Wall Cameras; VBrick technology; Cisco Unified Communications. Just to name a few!
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Field Engineer include the following:
- Manages own time to perform within defined schedule
- Interfaces with assigned project manager and client contacts
- Interfaces with all Tech-Ops and Engineering staff in the commissioning process
- Responsible for redlining CAD documentation for as-built purposes
- Responsible for communicating punch items to project manager
- Responsible for IP configuration of all AV devices residing on a network
- Responsible for filling out IP tables and storing these on the project server
- Advanced capabilities for audio system setup and gain structure
- Advanced capabilities for video system setup
- Advanced capabilities for troubleshooting
- Responsible for managing versions and storing final DSP code on the project server
- Works with the programmer to ensure that latest code version is stored on the project server
- Assists the project manager with handling client requested changes to scope (change orders)
- Works with programmer to define audio system controls
- Assists technicians with field questions and clarifications
- Responsible for completing commissioning QC checklists
- Responsible for rack testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment
- Responsible for field testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment and programs
- Provide assistance to service technicians
- Provide training on AV systems to clients
- Perform other tasks as requested by Director of Technical Operations
What do we require from you?
- A degree in electrical or electronic engineering is preferable
- General CTS preferred
- Able to study towards and obtain CTS-I within 3 years of taking position
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques
- Skilled in the programming of audio DSP units from multiple vendors
- Skilled in the loading of Crestron and AMX code and user interfaces
- Understands basic IP networking
- Can create customer training presentations in PowerPoint if required
- Troubleshooting ace
- Likes to travel
- Able to multi-task
- Excellent customer facing skills
But wait, there’s more!
- Collaborative work environment with dynamic growth opportunities
- Committed to the career development and education of our team
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- #2314 Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
- #2 on SCN’s Annual List of Top 50 Systems Integrators
- Internationally recognized: Digital Studio Award at CABSAT 2019 in Dubai; InAVation Award at ISE 2019 in Amsterdam
- Recognized among “Elite 150” on CRN’s 2019 Managed Service Provider 500 list
- CEO Awarded 2018 EY Entrepreneur of the Year in New Jersey
- Named as one of 50 Most Admired Companies in 2017 by Silicon Review
- 2017 Integrator of the Year
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. Diversified is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.