Self-motivated and working effectively in team or individual situations, having excellent communication skills and can handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously. Apply skills and expertise to generate solutions that require development or sustainment of new or improved techniques, procedures, or products. Assisting with planning, conducting, and evaluating approaches to meet project objectives in a timely, cost-effective fashion.
- Involved in piping design and specifications according to industry standards for individual project needs.
- Perform detailed equipment sizing calculations for mechanical equipment and prepare equipment data sheets.
- Design and sizing for process equipment in regards to oil and gas facilities.
- Review and approval of contractor submittals.
- Check designs and drawings of work performed by others; i.e. P&IDs, Piping ISOs, Models, and Site Plans
- Develop mechanical simulation models and optimize designs.
- Responsible for interfacing with the client on mechanical issues and ensures that the work of other engineering disciplines satisfies mechanical requirements.
- Interfaces and communicates with clients to understand their needs and can provide the client with assistance and solutions on mechanical issues.
- Reviews and interacts with vendors regarding drawings and equipment specifications.
- Can train and provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Provide construction management of current projects.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in Industrial Mechanical Engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of codes and ability to research code issues.
- Ability to accurately read engineering drawings of multiple disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science degree
- EIT Certification required
- Professional Engineering license or ability to take state exam
Key Software Capabilities
- Ceasar II Pipe Stress Analysis
- Pipe-FLO or Equivalent Fluid simulation software
**Relocation to Abilene, Texas is required for this position.**
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Engineering: 6 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)