- Microsoft Project
- Project Management
- Project Management Methodology
We are currently hiring a Project Manager. Under limited supervision, manages and coordinates strategic and tactical assignments and project management activities associated with state-wide enterprise level and agency-level information technology initiatives directed from the client. Coordinates project activities, deliverables, and deadlines.
Location: Columbia, SC.
Duration: 12 months
Employment type:W2 only (Unfortunately we can't work with Corp-to-Corp or Independent/1099 candidates for this requirement)
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as project manager for assigned projects. Uses project management methodologies from inception through completion. Responsible for managing projects and for coordinating with private sector professional project managers of assigned projects. Is also responsible for internal tracking of state resources, project schedules, project deliverables, and for producing project documentation, regular status updates and reports to management. At project conclusion, closes out each project in a timely and orderly manner, with documentation of lessons learned and archiving of essential project documentation.
1. STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF BEST PRACTICES FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT PRINCIPALS AND METHODOLOGIES INCLUDING KNOWLEDGE OF STANDARD PROJECT MANAGEMENT TERMINOLOGY, AS DEFINED IN THE PMI PMBOK
2. STRONG VERBAL COMMUNICATION AND WRITTEN SKILLS WITH THE ABILITY TO COMPOSE CLEAR, CONCISE REPORTS, DOCUMENTS AND CORRESPONDENCE.
3. ABILITY TO ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN EFFECTIVE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
4. ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY PLAN AND ORGANIZE WORK ACTIVITIES AND PRIORITIZE TASK COMPLETION ACCORDING TO SCHEDULES AND GOALS.
5. STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF FINANCIAL PLANNING AND BUDGETING
1. ABILITY TO LEAD AND INFLUENCE
2. ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND AND CLEARLY COMMUNICATE COMPLEX PROJECTS
3. CONSIDERABLE DIPLOMACY AND TACT EXHIBITED IN STRESSFUL SITUATIONS
4. STRONG WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF MICROSOFT PROJECT SOFTWARE
5. EMPLOYEE MUST DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN KNOWLEDGE OF AGENCY MISSION, GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
A bachelor's degree in the liberal arts, business management, public administration, information technology, or other related field of study.
A minimum of three (3) years in project management experience is required. Five (5) or more years of project management experience is preferred.
Certified Project Management, PMI training or PMP certification
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc.
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Business Process Analysis, Re-engineering and Automation
Cyber Security Consulting
Project Management Consulting
Custom Application Development/Programming
IT Staffing - Contract & Permanent
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.