Location: This position will be based inSan Francisco, CA office
Company is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. They simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, they helped put it there. They're customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Tribune Media, Raycom Media, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
They are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. They hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And they're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
Company robust business intelligence product team, Analyticsis looking for a talented Software Engineer. In this role you will develop, test, tune, and monitor ETL processes in collaboration with the support team. This is an exciting opportunity to help media companies keep up with a rapidly changing industry, where data can become overwhelming and inefficiencies can cost significant time and money. To thrive, companies must leverage data to standardize best practices, optimize operations and learn how to monetize this data. If you’re interested in joining a collaborative team, enjoy taking ownership of technical projects, passionate about modern technology, and want make an impact, apply today!
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Develop ETL code to bring in data from different Company's products and various external data sources.
- Hands on development of Data Warehouse. This includes participation in Development sprints and execution of specific tasks within the sprint.
- Collaborate with Company's support and release teams to modify ETL in response to source system modifications, upgrades, patches, and more while ensuring reporting and analytical functionality of the Data Warehouse is not affected.
- Constantly work towards improving the stability, performance and maintainability of the code base.This may mean writing code yourself or suggesting improvements that others can implement.
- Work with Management to improve technical infrastructure including JIRA and Wiki processes, the build infrastructure, QA processes, Installer, and Configurator.
- Work towards improving the capabilities of the product to do Business Analytics that could never be done before including Predictive Analysis and data mining.
- Availability to work on-call during the weekend once a month and occasionally after hours to monitor ETL issues and help troubleshoot and fix major ETL issues.
- Learn as much about Tableau desktop and server as possible.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation Language (DML), Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) design and development using MS SQL Server tools (SQL Management Studio, T-SQL, SSIS etc.)
- Solid knowledge of databases – usage, design and implementation
- Proven ability to organize and execute technical projects from beginning to end
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to facilitate and harness cross-team collaboration working with teams in person and virtually
- Familiarity with AWS and S3 is highly desirable
- Experience with Tableau Desktop and/ or Tableau server is highly desirable
- Experience with programming languages such as.NET and C# is high desirable
- Experience with SVN, Jenkins, JIRA, and Confluence is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Company's Trafficinternal DB structure and understanding what and how to extract data is high desirable
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, 401(k) match, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
Job Type: Full-time
- SQL Management Studio, T-SQL, SSIS: 3 years (Required)
- .NET: 3 years (Preferred)
- Data Definition Language (DDL): 3 years (Required)
- Tableau Desktop and/ or Tableau server: 1 year (Preferred)
- Extraction, Transformation: 3 years (Required)
- organize / execute technical projects from beginning to end: 3 years (Preferred)
- databases – usage, design and implementation: 3 years (Required)
- Software Development: 3 years (Required)
- SVN, Jenkins, JIRA, and Confluence: 3 years (Preferred)
- AWS and S3: 1 year (Preferred)
- C#: 3 years (Preferred)
- Loading (ETL) design / development using MS SQL Server tools: 3 years (Required)
- Data Manipulation Language (DML): 3 years (Required)
- San Francisco, CA (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Child Care benefits
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules