Laboratory Assistant II Full-time, Mixed(Job Number: 01079-7471)
Work Location: United States-Florida-Miami-Kendall Regional Medical Center - Kendall
Job Type: Laboratory
Integrated Regional Laboratories
Laboratory Assistant II Full-time (1.0 FTE), Variable Shifts
Kendall Regional Medical Center
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) includes thirteen HCA hospital laboratories in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Saint Lucie and Okeechobee counties and one Core Laboratory in Broward County. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations in the HCA East Florida market into an integrated service network.
IRL is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 412-bed, full-service hospital providing 24-hour comprehensive medical, trauma, burn, surgical, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with a wide range of patient and community services. Kendall Regional Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals, a HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence, The Joint Commission Certification as a Primary Stroke Center, accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, and most recently, by the Joint Commission as a “Top Performer” on key quality measures.
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Performs specimen collection on assigned shifts under the supervision of the department supervisor, manager or director. Performs duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
Please Apply Online Now!!
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of specimen collection and testing requirements as well as specimen rejection criteria
- Demonstrates proficiency in venipunctures and/or fingersticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Demonstrates proficiency in heelsticks on infants (as patient population requires)
- Utilizes supplies appropriately
- Completes appropriate specimen collection documentation
- Educates patient and/or family regarding specimen collection procedures prior to obtaining specimen
- Uses computer information system relative to job functions
- Responsible for clerical duties (i.e., faxing, phones, pneumatic tube system, reports)
- Demonstrates ability to deal with priorities first and plans for completion of duties
- Reviews Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending specimen collections/accessioning issues; takes action as appropriate
Required Job Qualifications include:
- High School or GED preferred
- Vocational/Technical, preferred
- Phlebotomy Certificate preferred
- 1-3 year of previous work experience
- Specimen collection experience in a hospital setting strongly preferred