Alliant Energy has a rewarding opportunity for a Team Lead - Information Technology Services, to be located at our corporate headquarters in Madison, WI.
As the Team Lead, you will be responsible for leading a team of Technical and Business Analysts that provide support for corporate Generation systems and the Generation Dispatch Center. You will work with Generation business groups to ensure technology solutions are delivered efficiently and are meeting business expectations Key components of this role are an ability to lead and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Works jointly across the information technology department and business units to develop plans and solutions, and research of business needs and technology options in a timely and cost effective manner. Ensures existing technologies and applications are leveraged.
- Manages and drives initiatives to simplify, reduce the cost of, and right-size technology and application portfolios. Develops recommendations and action plans to appropriately manage technology assets based on their planned lifecycle.
- Develop relationships with customers, suppliers, and industry leaders.
- Assists in the development of telecommunications and information technology strategies to meet the needs of the company.
- Communicates complex technical and business information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Leads information technology staff and business unit employees throughout the development and implementation efforts of a project to ensure business, legal, and technical needs and opportunities are identified and managed.
- Responsible to business leaders for development of solutions, scope development, prioritization, and delivery of systems and functions. Jointly develops plans and solutions in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Proactively manages technical and application portfolio availability and performance. Ensures appropriate short-term and long-term measures are taken to remedy problems and react to anticipated needs.
- Leverages sourcing departments and manages vendor relationships and agreements. Ensures quality services are provided in a cost-effective manner, and agreed-upon service levels and contract terms are met.
- Performs all management duties including, but not limited to, budgeting, hiring, performance reviews, coordinating and scheduling work, salary recommendations, discipline, ensure employees report to work fit for duty, leadership, grievance resolution, coaching & counseling, models Alliant Energy’s Core Values at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education or experience equivalent to a four year degree from an accredited college or university, with emphasis in information technology, business administration, or related area.
- A minimum of five years technical and/or professional experience.
- Experience in managing and executing solutions that enable business strategies.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and supervisory skills preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in the execution of multiple projects, including managing resources across multiple projects to meet goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Demonstrated financial skills such as budgeting and basic accounting preferred.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships with others and use those relationships to successfully execute projects that align with business strategy and fit within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management).
- Promotes and supports diversity initiatives and equal employment opportunity.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this challenging opportunity, please complete our online application at www.alliantenergy.com/careers.