The Operations Coordinator is a valuable partner in the organization, a person who carries the responsibility of leading, organizing, and coordinating all duties associated with daily ocean freight exporting operations to include but not limited to improving operational efficiencies through effective utilization of equipment and personnel. Efficient time management of all Operation activity is key in the everyday role of the Operations Supervisor. The Operations Supervisor will guide and work closely with the Warehouse team.
- Ensure efficient utilization of equipment and warehouse personnel on a daily basis.
- Daily and weekly scheduling of containers being loaded in
warehouse, volumes may vary.
- Make necessary advance ocean freight bookings with shipping lines to ensure space on vessels.
- Ensure that warehouse personnel have the loading plans with accurate information
- Ensure shipment photographs are organized by reference in a timely manner.
- Acknowledge and respond to customer request within a 2 hour timeframe.
- Lead warehouse employees which includes interviewing, hiring, training,
planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems in accordance with company HR policies, practices, and procedures.
- Inspect containers that are loaded by warehouse staff, as needed.
- Motivates, trains, assigns work, and manages performance of staff to ensure
achievement of production goals.
- Supply Inventory maintenance which includes placing supply orders and repair
orders in a timely manner.
- Coordinate parts that arrive for clients and instruct warehouse crew what to do with
them so that we limit the amount of mistakes in the documentation process.
- Create, process and send invoices to customers a week prior to arrival.
- Assist in the dispatching of vehicles when needed.
- Assists in the export documentation process as needed.
Anticipate and address potential problems affecting the customer to ensure retention of the customer relationship.
- Create, modify and enforce work procedures as needed to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Ensure that all operational activities are in compliance with government, health &
safety and industry standards such as OSHA, US Customs, and local ordinances.
- Establishing strong ties with the customer thus becoming the first point of contact
and maintaining close communication via multiple channels.
- General Manager
- Warehouse staff
- Export Associate
- Export Coordinator
Key Performance Indicators
- Maximizing daily potential workflow in the warehouse
- Assuring that all work is completed in a timely manner
- Time Management
- Ability to streamline current processes and provide new ideas
- Ensuring that all Safety processes and procedures are followed
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of ocean freight exportation logistics/warehouse
- Working knowledge of safety, engineering and other regulatory issues as they relate to facilities, i.e., OSHA regulations, fire codes, etc.
- Experience in the applicable utilization of standard/specialized warehouse and logistics equipment.
- Ability to efficiently/effectively schedule equipment/personnel for daily maintenance/project work.
- Successfully resolve Customer/Employee complaints.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Performs arithmetic calculations including multiplication, division, addition, subtraction, ratios and percentages
Effective leadership and employee supervisory skills and qualities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Bending, stooping, climbing, reaching and standing for 8 or more hours. WORK
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and the work environment is an Office and Warehouse setting.
- Work is performed in inside and outside locations
Matus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Ocean Freight Forwarding: 3 years