We are living our Purpose – To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
Sunrise ShopRite in Parsippany is currently seeking a Second Shift Bakery Supervisor! Come and join a winning team! This candidate would have outstanding customer service skills, bring with them great energy, thrive in a fast paced retail environment and love the Bakery! This position is for someone that has a flexible schedule, can work later afternoons until the evenings and can be here on holidays and most weekend days.
A Second Shift Bakery Supervisor will gain overall department experience, department operations including but not limited to training new associates, inventory, in-stock positioning, packaging, specialty orders, all seasonal items and ordering along with other operational processes that meet our company's standards. Bakery/Retail Bakery experience is preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate! Come and join our Sunrise Team today!
Basic Job Functions:
- Creativity is a must!
- STRONG Customer Service skills required.
- Must follow the company sales and production planning standards as set forth by the department guidelines.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Assists with the bakery department standards of performance as outlined in the work plan.
- Plan and order according to department standards to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of product as well as building of displays.
- Suggests changes to inventory and pricing. Handles the purchase of departmental supplies as needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish department goals.
- Ability to help ensure all "new" department associates receive excellent proper training and supervision throughout their on-boarding process.
- Must assist with the scheduling associates schedules for the Bakery.
- Competent in ALL Quality Assurance Standards and Food Safety handling procedures.
- Directly reports the Bakery Manager and Assistant Store Manager that oversees perishable operations.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provides excellent customer service
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the in English.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code policies.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Ability to package, wrap, weigh, stamp, price and label product accurately.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to unload trucks and incoming break down loads.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Meet all work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
*In order to be considered further, you must go to ShopRite.com and fill out an application online for the Parsippany (07054) location today! We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Retail sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: In person