NYC Health + Hospitals is seeking an Assistant Human Resource Director. The Assistant Director is responsible for assigned facility by overseeing the day-to day human resources functions of the facility including but not limited to, recruitment, onboarding, employee communication, new hire facility orientation, HRIS transactions.
- Manages all aspects of recruitment and onboarding new staff including: communicating regularly with hiring managers to review staffing needs, submission of requests and working with managers to prepare justifications for new and backfill positions.
- Ensures approved positions and promptly posted on company website according to guidelines.
- Management of talent pipeline, ensures resumes are properly screened and vetted by HR staff and promptly forwarded to hiring managers. Follows up with hiring managers on regular basis and make certain that candidate flow is proceeding effectively.
- Screens and reviews selected applicants to determine eligibility for position.
- Oversees the pre-employment process and ensures applicants/employees information is accurately entered into HRIS System in timely manner. Including: follow-up with new hire regarding outstanding documents; entering employee license, certificate, BLS card and new employee orientation completion date into HRIS. Partners with OHS and HR Compliance Manager to ensure annual health assessment records are properly maintained in HRIS.
- Ensures new hire orientation runs smoothly including coordination of all presenters and that all documents are prepared and room and equipment is appropriately set up.
- Ensures non-employees (temporary, affiliates and agency personnel) database up to date and that all hires, transfers and terminations are entered into HRIS.
- Facilitates timely responses to employee inquiries and/or escalates to appropriate department.
- Oversees compliance with the online performance evaluation process in HRIS.
- Oversees HR regulatory compliance for facility ensuring all NYSDOH, CMS and if applicable JACHO standards are met.
- Ensure all personnel, training and background files are survey ready
- Represent and coordinate HR’s role in survey preparation and employee file reviews
- Provide Guidance to managers in addressing employee performance and other contractual issues and where necessary involve or refer matter to Labor Relations and/or the EEO office.
- Ensures documents and file system is accurate, up to date, well organized, and accessible; includes filing documents, creating and transferring files.
- Follows all System policies and procedures on personnel record keeping and HR protocols and procedures.
- Performs other HR generalist related functions as assigned
- A Baccalaureate Degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field a plus
- Experience working in a similar role in a Human Resources Department
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment with all levels of the organization as well as external contacts.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of HRIS systems.
- PHR or SHRM - CP Certification
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Human Resources: 4 years (Preferred)