The Public Relations & Communications Coordinator plays a key role in all initiatives and day-to-day functions of the Los Angeles Sparks public relations department. Reporting to the Director of Public Relations & Communications, the coordinator will manage assigned off-season projects and coordinate game day duties in-season.
- Writing, editing and layout of all game notes and post-game stats/notes
- Assisting with production of annual media guide
- Visiting team packet coordination
- Generating original content including feature stories, Q&A's, game recaps and more
- Maintain current media list for sports, business and community reporters
- Track all daily, weekly, monthly clips and player/executive appearances
- Staffing all Sparks home games and community events in a media relations capacity
- Coordinate offseason and game day internship programs
- Media credentialing
- Manage Influencer Marketing Program
- Research and Pitch media outlets and organizations for speaking engagements
- Help develop positive relationships with local and national media covering team
Other duties may include facilitating player/coach interviews and staffing team practices. Possibility of domestic travel for road games.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Sports Management or related field
- Proficiency inMS Office Suite, Adobe Suite (InDesign required), HTML
- Passion for women’s basketball and the WNBA
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Ability to write for basketball on deadline
- Professional demeanor and ability to work with professional athletes and front office staff
- Must have a car to commute to LA Sparks office, practice facility and Staples Center
- Prior experience in the communications department of a professional sports franchise and/or college athletics department
- Knowledge of business and corporate communications
- Exceptional internet research abilities
- Effective planner and organizer
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same
- Ability to anticipate needs and take initiative
- Flexibility to adapt to different tasks, roles and needs in the moment
- Positive attitude and work ethic
$18.00 an hour + Health Benefits
Los Angeles area applicants only.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.