SunTree Snack Foods is a growing Phoenix manufacturer producing branded and private label nut, see, and dried fruit snacks, mixes, and specialty confections. The Maintenance Technician I position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and makes adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing, maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Advises Engineer/Maintenance Mgr. of parts needing to be ordered.
- Recommends components to be maintained in inventory in order to reduce down-time of equipment.
- Can evaluate PLC’s, PC’s, servo drives by testing using a multi-meter and identifying problems and repair or replace needed parts.
- Experience on PPI Horizontal Baggers/ Hayssen Vertical Baggers / Pattyn Machines/ Ishida Scales a bonus.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance is preferred
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- Be able to work in a technical capacity with an ethical Conduct
- Proficient in Communication, Results Driven, and takes self-
- Knowledge of NEC (National Electric Code), ESWP (Electrical Safe Work Practices), MCC’s substations and Transformers.
This position is located in a facility where nuts, fruits and other allergens are present. Facility may incur extreme temperature variation and other hazards as incurred in the food manufacturing and packaging process. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance On Food Manufacturing: 4 years (Required)
- NEC, ESWP and MCC's: 1 year (Required)
- HVAC Certification (Preferred)
- CPO (Preferred)