Senior Systems Engineer
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; and Edwards Air Force Base, CA. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k)-matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, short/long term disability plans, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Our website (ama-inc.com) describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
AMA seeks to hire a Senior Systems Engineer with a strong background in mechanical and aerospace engineering. The ideal candidate will have been trained in NASA and aerospace system engineering life-cycle process including requirements development, system architecting, trade studies, resource and risk management, system verification, and operations design. This is a full time, exempt position providing onsite support at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing system engineering support in the development of mission concepts for targeted future space science missions.
- Responsible for exploring mission, satellite, and instrumentation concepts and technologies that support interplanetary space exploration. This will include requirements development, trade study formulation, and execution of mission and planetary science systems.
- Provide support program formulation studies to explore alternative approaches that optimize program objectives, cost, schedule, and risk.
- System engineering will be compliant with NASA and aerospace industry standards and accepted practices and may include application of MBSE
- B.S. in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in aerospace system engineering
- Ability to interface successfully with customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a US citizen
- Experience in space system design and development is desirable.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience is also desirable.
Please apply directly on our website at www.ama-inc.com/careers
AMA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- aerospace system engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement