As a member of the management team, this position is instrumental in developing and fulfilling the short-term as well as long-term goals of Metro. This position is responsible for creating an atmosphere that will inspire Guests and Team Members to return. The above goals will be accomplished by the proper implementation, promotion, and success of our operations through continual evaluation of the products/services provided. The individual will instill a strong atmosphere of service excellence in order to promote self-motivation and will redirect performance as soon as discrepancies are observed/experienced. The individual will develop guidelines and goals within the structure of the budget, achieving results through prudent management techniques and cost controlling measures. This position will coordinate and oversee all aspects and functions of Metro needs. A key part of every Team Members job is to serve as a Metro ambassador, engaging the Guest/s and community at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: You will have a flair for sophisticated flavor profiles and the ability to create and transform your raw product into leading cuisine in the market place. You will be a hands-on Chef, providing clear direction, strong motivation and consistency of quality.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to come in at the development stage of a new concept and bring your talents to ensure its success.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Performs management duties including, but not limited to, systems management, budget and forecasting, report generation and meeting participation and facilitation on a timely manner
- Assists with interviewing, training, assigning duties and supervision of the kitchen/stewarding staff during the preparation, cooking and expediting of food items.
- Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature-setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Adheres to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Assists in menu development/planning activities.
- Scheduling/managing culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
- Supervises daily cleaning/sanitation/organization of your kitchen, ware washing, walk-in and reach-in boxes, flooring, walls, etc.
- Reports any equipment in need of repair to chef and engineering, for service.
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by Management/Ownership.
- Monitor and develop Team Members performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of Team Members and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control ordering/inventories/waste by constant monitoring of products in the coolers and returns coming from the restaurant.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the receiving/inventory policies and procedures.
- Develop, plan and successfully execute the approved food & beverage marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns with support of the operations.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- 2+ years of experience in culinary arts at mid-level in an award winning/regional recognized free-standing restaurant, preferred 4/5 Star rated resort/hotel experience.
- Experience with baking, pastries and cooking required
- Strong staff management capabilities
- Passion for new flavor profiles and cooking techniques
- Knowledge of cost and labor processes
- Have a basic knowledge of service and food and beverage products
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a PC/Software system.
This is not a Monday thru Friday job. It requires a flexible schedule that includes days, nights,
weekends, holidays, but it is for you if you love people and have the right attitude.
· Personal computer, telephone, copy machine, fax and other basic office equipment, inventory software
· Point-of-sale System
· Wine key
· Coffee & espresso machine, varied kitchen equipment, fire extinguisher
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Must have or obtain TIPS, first aid and SERV Safe/County required certifications.
· Within 90 days of employment be a Certified Food Protection Manager
DISCRETION/ INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT
- This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances. As a Manager you will be expected to work with Team Members and Guests to ensure satisfaction.
- As a Manager will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve the Director when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
- Remains calm under pressure
- Strong communication skills with management, Team Members and Guests
- Strong work ethic, willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job done
- Reliable, with a sense of urgency
- Capable of being flexible/adaptability within the role
- Quality driven
- Customer Focus
- Ability to speak and hear English and Spanish a plus
- Close and distance vision
- Frequent sitting with mostly walking and standing at times
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 100 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Indoor/outdoor working environment, exposed to heat from cooking equipment and outdoor temperatures
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sous Chef: 1 year (Preferred)