At Amedisys whether we’re caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
In home health, you’ll be a true advocate engaging patients throughout their coordinated health care journey all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you’re looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Provides, coordinates and directs the provision of home health nursing services and case management processes according to the assigned patient’s individualized plan of care based on agency policies and procedures, through the competent application of nursing process.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work for the company. a. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in an NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- Current CPR certification.
- One (1+) year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (RN). If less than 1 year clinical experience as a RN, candidate must be approved by VP Clinical.*
- Demonstrated knowledge of the appropriate skills for communicating with individuals of all ages. Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal/State rules and regulations, ACHC standards, and other regulatory requirements.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance. 8. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names, password concepts, internet, email, navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effective use of navigation buttons and tool bars, ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Case management: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road