Holiday Inn Club Vacations look for individuals who excel in their role, and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our guests, owners, and team members. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust, and respect, encourage success and build relationships? We’re looking for people like this to join our friendly, engaged, professional team.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the care of and revenue areas associated with equine management, Trail Rides and Wagon Rides. Provide a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for all owners and guests, by monitoring daily programs and day-to-day operations, consistently monitoring and enforcing safety rules, and ensuring all policies and procedures are followed. Provide necessary care for horses, including feeding, watering and grooming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Feeding, grooming and providing all care for 8 to 12 horses. Provide or arrange for horse shoeing, teeth floating, vet care, etc.
- Leading guests on trail rides, providing instruction and assistance where necessary. Driving and facilitating wagon rides for guests; providing instructions and assistance where necessary.
- Cleaning and maintaining stables, including stalls, tack room and hay barn. Maintaining pasture areas, including fencing and trails.
- Purchasing of all items need to run department, including feed, hay, tack, safety equipment and all other necessary supplies.
- 3-4 years hands-on Equine experience is required
- 1-2 years leading Trailrides / horse rides
- 1 year customer service experience required
- Must have at least one year of supervisory experience
- Education in Equine program is a plus
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license, and minimum of 4 years of driving experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift minimum of 75 lbs
- Ability to demonstrate handling a horse properly
Job Type: Temporary