We are looking for: A dynamic, confident sales leader to manage a retail store/art studio. This candidate must enjoy the creative field! Fine arts, fun arts and culinary arts, although an art or culinary background is not a requirement.
Art Studio Manager:
Purpose: The Art Studio Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the studio. They will manage
the studio’s direct employees and associates while driving retail sales and customer service to maximize revenue and profitability. The Art Studio Manager will be directly responsible for staffing which includes: Hiring, training, reviewing, and offering ongoing coaching of all associates to ensure they meet the company’s objectives, standards and culture. They will oversee the operational and organizational standards of the studio/retail store environment as well as implement the marketing, advertising and financial strategy set forth by the upper management and owners. The Studio Manager will regularly review the daily, weekly and quarterly financial data of the studio to ensure the team is meeting the studio’s fiscal and operational goals.
Successful Candidates must possess the following:
- Be 21 or older, valid driver’s license, and have reliable transportation
- Willing to travel for outside events and conventions
- Retail sales management and teaching experience HIGHLY preferred
- Enjoy working with people, especially families and children
- Have an appreciation for the arts; fine art, fun art, and culinary arts.
- Leadership approach and embody “Team Work” spirit
- Results Driven/ goal orientated: A positive sales pulse!
- Proficient speaking and writing skills
- Be available and willing to work a varying schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and school breaks for NH & Mass (winter, spring & summer)
- Basic computer and POS knowledge
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs, climb a ladder, and be standing or on feet for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must have proven success leading a team to achieve or exceed sales plans or similar objective
- Must have proven success recruiting, training, and leading a small team to achieve goals
- Sales and customer service; converting leads into sales
- Retail marketing/merchandising, 2 years or more
- General business operations and money management
- Key holder responsibilities
This position requires and includes the following:
- To Be self-motivated, a good multi-tasker, and able to handle a fast-paced environment with little oversight or supervision.
- Manages all sales, classes/reservations, client registrations, administrative processes, and customer service related transactions to meet company sales plans.
- Recruits, onboards new associates, and provides ongoing training and coaching/management.
- Approaches and provides superior customer service to all studio patrons.
- Follows company marketing/sales strategies that includes: selling, maintaining proper signage, and executing seasonal mailings and promotions.
- Manages opening/closing procedures and general studio operations.
- Ensures accurate money management.
- Merchandises products and displays artwork in gallery showroom, receives & restocks merchandise deliveries.
- Set up and clean up for classes & events.
- Presenting, teaching leading small groups for art or culinary events and programs.
- Leads or assists the lead artist during classes and events.
- Responsible for managing studio organization, cleanliness and merchandising.
- Ensures that classes/events are executed in a timely fashion according to company schedules and programs.
- Follows-up all customer requests in a timely manner.
- Research, prioritize and resolve customer issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Dress code willingness: business casual attire with company provided apron. Company provided uniform at times.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs at times, climb a ladder, and be standing/on feet for up to 8 hours at a time.
How To Apply: Please e-mail us your resume and a little about yourself.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year
Employees working per shift:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: