The Preschool Director must be an energetic, self-motivated and misson-driven professional, to oversee day-to-day operations of our preschool program. This leader is responsible for the administration and direction of all Preschool services, including - program development, staff and volunteer supervision/training, and fiscal management. This person will ensure that all YMCA standards are met and/or exceeds as they relate to preschool aged children to the members and the community. The Preschool Director works independently under general direction from the Associate Director and if needed the Executive Director and is expected to determine how to accomplish tasks; but is also expected to work as a team with all YMCA staff.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, concentration or certification in child development or teaching
- 3-5 years of prior teaching experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & use of computer
- Possess at hire and maintain CPR, First Aid and AED, or obtain within 3 months of hire
- Manages enrollment, including conducting tours, attending and scheduling Open Houses, and recommending outreach opportunities.
- Assumes responsibility for the health and safety of all children in the program
- Evaluates each student and discuss progress with parents on a routine basis
- Coordinate special events in connection with weekly lesson plans
- Implement YMCA Character and Youth Development best practices into weekly plans
- Organizes the classroom environment to support children's socio-emotional development, promote learning through play and promote physical development. Using transition time as opportunities for learning.
- Promotes learning in all areas of classroom
Participate in weekly swim lessons with children. Teachers are required to get in the water with the children
- Follows all policies and procedures regarding abuse and neglect mandated reporting
- Promotes professionalism and growth and is an exemplary role model
- Manages classroom expense within the approved budget and assists in developing the next year's budget
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Communication & Influence
- Developing Self & Others
- Program/Project Management
- A Bachelor degree and 6 credit hours or more in early childhood or child development
- Within 90 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, Working with Program Volunteers, CPR, First Aid, AED.
How to Apply
Apply by Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes Accepted Until4/30/2019