Aberdeen Broadcast Services is a growing 16 year broadcast services company specializing in post-production long form digital file delivery, closed captioning, and language services. We are looking for a Caption Editor / Jr. Caption Editor to join our dynamic-fun team. We value work/life balance and make sure our employees are offer a positive work environment. This position is a full-time, in-house position at our offices in Rancho Santa Margarita (South Orange County).
For more information about our company, visit our website at: http://www.abercap.com/ and read our blog at http://www.abercap.com/blog
- Listening to and creating captions/subtitles for TV shows, movies, educational programs, corporate training videos and Christian-based/religious programming
- Transcribing video files using a foot pedal or Voice writing (experienced stenographers also accepted)
- Editing already-written transcripts for punctuation, grammar, and accuracy
- Completing captioning and subtitling projects using captioning/subtitling software (no prior experience needed as you will be trained on how to use the software)
- Using information technology: Microsoft Office, Internet, and captioning/subtitling software program
- If bilingual, you may do proofreading and reviewing of translations, multilanguage subtitles, etc.
- Fluent in Spanish a plus but not mandatory
- Touch Type: a minimum of 50 words per minute (WPM) you will be tested
- Thorough knowledge of English Language Grammar and Punctuation
- Detail oriented and multitasking ability
- Bilingual a plus but not required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proofing skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office
- Internet research skills
- Positive attitude, personable, self-motivated, and hardworking
- Minimum level of Education: High School Diploma or GED; B.A./B.S. degree preferred, but not required. English Majors this could be a great job for you!
We offer a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package
- $13 - $19 per hour to start depending on experience and interview.
- 15 days paid time off per year.
- Medical benefits
*APPLICATION PROCESS: *e-mail* your cover letter and resume (please do not FAX).
In the subject line of the e-mail please write: Your Name_Caption Editor Opening.
Once you send us your resume, you will be e-mailed an online typing test. Upon completion of the test, you will be notified if you passed the test via the online testing site. If you failed you will not continue in our application process. Without completion of the test, you will not be considered for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Required work authorization: