Regular Full Time
Monday - Friday
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
The Director of Front Office Operations is responsible for the oversight of the Front Office Operations teams, to include education, new patient and imaging centers. The Director of Front Office Operations will participate as a member of the management team in project planning, policy formulation, and administrative decision making with reference to the role, functions and operations of the front office. The Director of Front Office Operations assures successful realization of company goals, implementation and sustainment of front office projects and initiatives, and leads the development and education of staff.
Responsible for defining, directing and maintaining the standards of practice within the organization regarding the Front Office Operations teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ensures compliance and adherence to the organization’s structure, management philosophy, and mission statements.
- Initiates the development and updating of policies and procedures that govern services under his or her position control.
- Responsible for establishing standards for staff performance, staff recruitment, staff retention, and staff development.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of management reports necessary to carry out functions in the Front Office teams.
- Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment and high-quality patient care.
- Responsible for collaborating with other departments and agencies regarding resources and services for improved patient care and staff development. • Collaborates with other Directors regarding budget process.
- Functions as a part of the leadership team; working closely with regional operation directors, the regional operations managers, front office managers, operations managers, providers and front office personnel
- Functions as an expert front office resource for managers, staff, and outside agencies
- Evaluates the quality and cost-effectiveness of staffing and services within the goals of the organization.
- Assesses and evaluates the needs of each clinic site by visiting each clinic and makes recommendations.
- Perform annual evaluations utilizing the Tennessee Oncology Clinical Evaluation tool.
- Identifies yearly departmental goals and reviews the previous goals with CCOO quarterly as part of the Performance Excellence plan.
- Maintains open channels of communication in order to enhance operational methods and provide optimal patient care.
- Makes self readily available to discuss issues and concerns that may be presented by physicians, managers, or other co-workers.
- Oversees clinic systems education and responsible for the development of new hire training and continuing education materials.
- Responsible for dissemination of information as it pertains to Front Office operations, to include monthly Front Office Manager meetings.
- Leads projects and participates in projects as a stakeholder.
- Creates and maintains an environment of trust, integrity, open communication, teamwork, and respect.
- Responsible for and oversees the direction of all aspects of the New Patient Liaison team, to include both front office and clinical staff
- Responsible for and oversees the direction of the front office operations and staff at all Tennessee Oncology Imaging locations
- Oversees the direction of staff that performs and analyzes audits related to Clinic Operation Systems
- Oversees the implementation of front office operations staff education, to include education staff
- Acts as a role model and mentor to managers and staff related to front office operations, professional behavior and accountability
- Monitors effectiveness of projects/quality metrics/audits; makes changes as indicated; collects and analyzes/trends data
• Strong organizational and communication skills are essential
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Proficient in applicable computer software programs
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Adapt to new and /or changing environments, support innovation, and change.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities of a variety of individuals at a multitude of locations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of professionalism and efficiency
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and self-directed • Maintains discretion and confidentiality in all communications
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships
- Ability and willingness to work closely with others to create a positive working environment conducive to productivity and efficiency
• Bachelor’s degree required
- Strongly prefer master’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years management experience in Healthcare setting