Goodwill of Greater Washington (GGW) is looking for a FULL-TIME Assistant Property manager with strong Commercial retail property experience, who is result-driven, confident, energetic, and productive individual who has the ability to communicate effectively with vendors, maintain accurate data and achieve goals while working in a fast-paced, high performing environment to achieve the company goals!
Works in conjunction with the Property Manager in analyzing, prioritizing, scheduling, and managing facilities maintenance activities across the entire agency. Maintains good working relationships with landlords and various external vendors (plumbers, electricians, elevator repair companies, etc.). The associate will independently help triage calls and work tickets submitted by store managers and other Goodwill personnel and will assist in maintaining documentation such as preventative maintenance and property operations contracts and schedules, repair company contact information, landlord contact information, etc. On occasion, the associate will support the completion of specific maintenance projects. The associate will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, analyze and assist in prioritizing maintenance requests from Goodwill associates and third parties (ex. landlords).
- Work directly with landlords independently to address issues like roof leaks, parking lot problems, trash, etc.
- Partners with retail stores and warehouses with obtaining timely service on pallet stackers, forklifts, trash compactors, and other heavy equipment.
- Work with members of the maintenance team to ensure that completed work requests are closed out in the computerized maintenance management system within two business days.
- Assist in the creation and analysis of reports and metrics to track the performance of the maintenance team.
- Maintain a database of key property information such as location address, landlord contact information, sprinkler system contact information, elevator company contact information, heavy equipment (ex. pallet stackers), etc.
- Assist Property Manager in developing an annual maintenance budget for each location
- Track required inspection dates for elevators and coordinate scheduling of inspections and payment of any required fees.
- Track required inspection dates and scheduled maintenance requirements for two vehicles used by the Facilities Maintenance team. Coordinate with team members to see that these activities are completed as needed.
- Frequent travel to Goodwill locations within the metropolitan Washington, DC area.
- Assist Maintenance technicians with the timely and accurate completion and submission of expense reports and Home Depot purchase receipts.
- Assist in the completion of work requests and capital projects.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Career Growth and Opportunities
- Work-Life Balance
- Training Programs to improve your Skills
- Dynamic Culture
- Opportunity to work for a Well-Respected, Fun and Fulfilling Organization
- Supportive Leaders
Why Goodwill of Greater Washington (GGW):
Goodwill is a mission-driven organization, which means we never lose sight of the people we serve or the power of work. We also understand that strong businesses succeed because they value their employees. We are committed to giving our employees what they need to be successful.
To be considered for this opportunity you MUST have the following minimum qualifications:
- High School diploma.
- Basic knowledge of building systems (HVAC, security, sprinkler, plumbing, lighting, carpentry, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of commercial retail property operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient at using a computer and with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with other departments and third-party vendors.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, staying focused on planned activities while also responding quickly to emergencies as they arise.
- Clear thinker who demonstrates sound decision-making skills.
- Personal reliable transportation Preferred Qualifications 1. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree 2. Bi-lingual (Spanish and English) 3.
- 5 years of experience in a similar role 4. Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- 5 - 10 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Developing annual maintenance budget: 2 years (Required)
- Commercial/Retail Property Management: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)