Are you a CPA look for Big Firm Capability with Small Firm Personality?
Brown, Graham & Company is where you need to be! Established in 1955, with offices in Austin, Amarillo, Spearman and Pampa, Texas, Brown, Graham & Company has cultivated and maintained relationships with individuals and businesses in the communities we serve for over 60 years. Dedication to the passionate pursuit of uncommon service to our clients and our communities, professionalism, demonstration of exemplary character, and respect for our employees´ personal lives is the foundation of the day-to-day operations.
We are looking to add experienced CPA’s to our team!
Senior Audit Associates Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Implement client’s engagements from start to finish (planning, executing, directing, and completing audit projects).
- Demonstrate through knowledge of U.S. GAAP and GAAS rules and standards.
- Manage engagements budgets.
- Responsible for supervising other team members and delegating assignments.
- Reviews auditing schedule and conducts audits in accordance to the specified schedule.
- Consults with the client in a trustworthy manner, makes recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to meet productivity and efficiency standards (billable Hours).
- Adheres to the independence, integrity and objectivity rules, regulations, interpretations and rulings of the AICPA, the State of Texas Board of Accountancy, and the Texas Society of CPA’s, and other regulatory agencies, where applicable.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist Shareholders on proposals and business development calls.
- Gain understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Possess an understanding of federal, state and foreign tax issues.
- Engage in mentorship and training of Associate and Intern Tax Associates.
- Actively participate with professional development initiatives to ensure relevancy of the profession and the organization.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ audit experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required
- Valid CPA certification.
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to critically think through complex issues.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
This accounting firm is a Texas based full service certified public accounting firm that helps businesses and individuals increase and preserve their financial net worth. Brown, Graham & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- managerial: 1 year (Preferred)
- auditing: 5 years (Required)
- public accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required