Experienced Controller needed for highly successful, well-capitalized automotive dealership. You will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring execution of all accounting related activities in the dealership.
You will supervise a small accounting staff and will be very involved in the day to day accounting tasks of three stores.
· Oversee the Accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function.
· Supervise and train accounting staff as needed.
· Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
· Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for the owner.
· Make sure that all reports are made to all the appropriate departments promptly.
· Meet with Department managers regularly to address ways to improve business and cover goals as well as performance
· Coordinates audits and makes sure the proper filing of tax returns is handled promptly.
· Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
· Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
· Oversee and ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws
· Assist with strategic and operational planning as requested
· Must be able to cover any accounting function in the store when needed.
· 3-5 years of previous Automotive Dealership Controller experience preferred. If no automotive experience, must have 6+ years of cost accounting experience.
· Proven customer service and leadership skills
· DealerTrack experience is a plus
· Excellent analytical ability
· Proficient with Excel
· Must have a valid driver’s license
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes salary plus benefit eligibility- health, dental, 401(k), PTO, Vacation. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment background and drug screening.
Candidates are requested to include a cover letter describing their Automotive Industry Controller experience.
Job Type: Full-time