Voice Platform Engineer
Arlington, VA Visioneering LLC
Opportunity to join a Dynamic Company!
We are a Consulting and Telecom Engineering Services firm serving our DoD customers in Arlington, VA. We promote a culture of operational excellence while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We are in search of an experienced Voice Platform Engineer to complement our IT operations team and are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who shares our commitment to excellence in meeting the needs of our DoD clients and working in a team atmosphere. We offer a challenging, customer focused environment with competitive compensation and a robust benefits package in a team-oriented, casual atmosphere. If you desire to work in an environment where you are appreciated and supported by senior management, apply today to join our team.
The Engineer is responsible for a VoIP geo-diverse platform and must have the experience and ability to configure and troubleshoot the telephony platform, including using tools to monitor and increase the system capabilities. Employee will also work on unique and interesting advanced projects in a lab and provide cutover support, application troubleshooting/triage, and follow-up support as required.
- Operate in a Voice SIP Engineer role to include establish and perform routine preventative maintenance tasks. Enforce security guidelines to maintain PCI compliance. Review, test and apply hardware, firmware, and OS patches.
- Perform emergency recovery on failed components and coordinate repair with vendor software and hardware support as needed.
- Test and configure ISDN PRI Gateways.
- Assist operations staff in resolving customer trouble tickets and network issues that are outside of their troubleshooting scope.
- Perform Interoperability and acceptance testing directly with customers and suppliers.
- Document network architecture and methods of procedure for regularly performed tasks.
- Candidates must be willing to: travel within the Washington DC Metro area to support various program initiatives in regional colocation facilities.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Able to triage, diagnose and repair hardware and software faults.
- Strong enterprise VoIP background with administrative experience in virtualization technologies.
- Strong technical background of TCP/IP and Network Security related protocols such as DNS, FTP, GRE, HTTP, ICMP, IPSec, IPv4, NTP, RADIUS, RTP, SRTP, SNMP, SMTP, SSH, NAT, and VLAN.
- Interoperability experience with the following protocols/technologies;
Ø SIP Applications
Ø SIP Trunking / Access
Ø VoIP CODEC Transcoding G711, etc.
Ø Avaya AS5300 / Genband Experience
Ø SBC Experience a Plus
Ø Asterisk Experience a Plus
- Installation and maintenance experience with enterprise server hardware, copper, and fiber Ethernet
- Experience with CLASS 5 Softswitch and feature server
- Extensive hands on experience with the Avaya AS5300 as it is very similar in base code and architecture to the Genband AS.
- Basic knowledge of Session Border Controllers
- Solid knowledge of Gateways such as AudioCodes, MG3000, MG9000, etc.
- Solid knowledge of legacy switches such as Nortel CS2100, Nortel CS1000, 5ESS, etc.
- Solid knowledge of trace captures analysis
- Solid knowledge of IP Data Network functions and configuration
- Solid IP Experience
- Solid SIP Experience
- Manufacturer certifications acknowledging expertise in any of the above or similar
- 5 years relevant training, knowledge, & experience
- Secret Security Clearance
We continually strive to create an environment that balances work/life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance. Equal Opportunity Employer. Ribbon/GENBAND/AVAYA/Telecom/Central office/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $145,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- SBC: 3 years (Preferred)
- SIP VoIP: 5 years (Required)
- Ribbon AS /Avaya AS5300: 5 years (Preferred)
- Security Clearance TS/Secret (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible