Job Title: Interior Engineer
Location: Lisle, IL, 60532
Implementation Partner: Tech Mahindra
Job Description :
Qualification : B.E. (Mechanical), B.Tech, Certification in Sheet metal/plastic
Years of Experience : Between 12 to 18 years
CAD Skills required : Hands on experience on Unigraphics/NX software – Solid modelling, Surface development, Assembly, 2D drafting (Part/Assy), Working knowledge on Sheet metal module, analysis (like moldflow), machining etc. will be added advantage.
Design Skills required : Commercial Vehicle (Trucks & Bus) system level design & development experience in Interior domain for aggregates listed down.
VISA Status : H1B, TN, GC, Citizen
Common resource requirements for Interior :
· Working experience on design & development of below aggregates includes but not limited
o CAD parametric data creation in UG/NX,
o Conceptual design,
o Criteria section development,
o 2D drawings,
o Active participation in CFT review meetings,
o Root cause analysis,
o Project management – Ability to manage work for target Vs actual timelines, set goals.
o Resource management like handling & guiding a team of engineers for various work assignments and at the same time working on aggregate by own.
· Responsible for Complete project deliverables. Should be Multitasking & Innovative for concept design work.
· Should be conversant with design requirements DRD’s, Dfmea/pfmea, DVPs, DSAO, weight/cost targets, country specific requirements & regulations etc.
· Manufacturing experience/knowledge for designing sheet metal/plastic parts, assy sequence.
· Material knowledge for sheet metal & plastic parts, ability to choose material based on requirement,
· In depth experience of ‘design for manufacturing, design for serviceability & design for Assembly’
· Knowledge in GD&T and its impacts to component design, cost, manufacturability and parts assembly
· Should be aware of vehicle architecture/ integration & inter-department co-ordination for day to day work activities,
· Should be able to Innovate, suggest & Implement VA/VE, cost reduction Ideas.
· Ability to visualize and create concepts at a quick pace
· Should be aware of new trends, technology & implementation for automotive parts.
· Good communication skills (oral and written). Should be able to effectively communicate concepts and designs to other design teams.
· Should be flexible to work at Client site & ready to work in any shift including US shift.
· Should have handled project teams in Commercial\Passenger vehicles domain.
· To work as ‘Checker’ as per quality check parameters for drawings, cad data prior to release.
Specific requirements in addition to common for Interior :
· Hands on experience in below aggregates:
o Interior: A/B Pillar trims, Door trims, Scuff plates, Headliners, Back panel trim, Floor mats, Bunks, OHC, visor, cabinets etc.
Past experience in :
o Design & development of Interior for OEMs
o Part design optimization, weigh reduction and parts nesting (for manufacturing)
o Sense of identifying concerns and risks and providing solutions to mitigate the same
o Keen Ability to quickly understand Requirements (State & FMVSS) and translate the boundary into a design
o Plastic part designs along with experience in mold design, manufacturing technology etc.
o Composite parts manufacturing process like SMC, FRP, etc.
o Lightweight plastic material like Metton, carbon Fibers processing.
In depth Knowledge in :
o Moldflow simulations, mold tool design etc.
o CAE tests/load cases for Interior aggregates
o Testing & Validation activities of interior
o Part feasibility study for tooling, Draft Analysis.
o Plastic Tooling – Tooling direction, draft angle, etc.
o Plastic part manufacturing processes, joining & locating techniques
o Fastening methods – Christmas tree, screws, snaps etc.
o Ergonomics, different plastics, foam, soft trim, composite and rubber materials
Job Type: Full-time