The Wallis Annenberg PetSpace is an independent charitable initiative of the Wallis Annenberg Legacy Foundation which strives to be a welcoming and nationally-recognized model education and animal care center.
The mission of Annenberg PetSpace is to promote and strengthen the human-animal bond—as well as to foster the understanding and enjoyment of companion animals—in a fun, engaging and interactive setting. Annenberg PetSpace is a new state of the art animal care center scheduled to open in Spring 2017, where people and pets connect. The building, located in Playa Vista, includes state of the art animal care facilities in a vibrant, welcoming community center and will offer the following:
· Animal Adoptions – Pet adoptions in residence-like adoption suites.
· Learning Programs and Events – Classes, lectures and activities held in indoor and outdoor training areas for people and their pets, which is open to the community as well as educational institutions. Special needs outreach programs are planned for schools, veterans, seniors and the like.
· Wallis Annenberg PetSpace Leadership Institute – The leadership institute will bring together civic leaders and prominent experts to promote and foster a national dialogue on human-animal stewardship.
The Overnight Animal Care Specialist is responsible for providing high quality care to the animals within Annenberg PetSpace. Responsible for ensuring proper cleaning protocols for all animal care areas. Provide counseling and education for the general public, when appropriate. Ensure alert and timely notification of any animal or Annenberg PetSpace related issues to the RVT and/or Veterinarian.
Reporting to the Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT), the Overnight Animal Care Specialists will be responsible for the following:
· Update and maintain the adoption software with adoption content (e.g. animal photos, descriptions)
· Train volunteers on the proper techniques for successful animal care
· Coordinate with staff and volunteers to ensure best adoption and animal handling practices
· Ensure all operational procedures are followed
· Work with the behaviorist to communicate behavior treatment plans to animal care and adoption staff
· Communicate in an effective and professional manner with public and Annenberg PetSpace staff members
· Assist with training and supervision of volunteers
· Represent Annenberg PetSpace in a professional and courteous manner at all times
Education and Experience:
· Associate’s Degree or equivalent education, training and experience
· Minimum of 1 year working in animal welfare, including at a shelter or with a rescue organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work assigned overnight hours
· Excellent animal handling skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and selected software/databases
· Effective written and oral communication skills with ability to compose routine correspondence
· Possess the ability to work efficiently and calmly under challenging conditions
· Possess poise, professionalism, diplomacy, teamwork and the ability to interact with people
from all walks of life
· An individual who can contribute to the culture of respect for all individuals and animals
· Commitment to, and passion for, the mission of Wallis Annenberg PetSpace
Job Type: Full-time