The College of Agriculture (COA) at Auburn University (www.agriculture.auburn.edu/) and the Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES) (www.aces.edu) are seeking applications for the position of Associate Dean for Extension and Assistant Director for Agriculture, Forestry, and Natural Resource Extension Programs. This 12-month administrative position will be located within the COA at Auburn University and fits within the organizational structures of COA and ACES. The Associate Dean/Assistant Director position reports jointly to the COA Dean and the ACES Associate Director. The position is classified as a tenure-track Extension Specialist with a COA and ACES administrative appointment. This position is for a five-year term, subject to review. The Associate Dean/Assistant Director will be a member of the COA administrative team and a member of the ACES System Program Team to bring into alignment the programmatic visions and directions of the COA and ACES.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution in a field within agricultural sciences, forestry, natural resources or related field;
- Experience and demonstrated effectiveness in leadership, as well as development, delivery, and evaluation of Extension programs that meet the needs of a target audience and create measurable impacts;
- Strong working knowledge of current agricultural, forestry, and natural resource management issues in the world, United States and Alabama;
- A proactive vision of the future of Extension and the ability to effectively communicate with information users on these matters;
- An outstanding performance record in previous employment and a demonstrated commitment to the Extension philosophy and mission;
- Proven record in generation of revenue streams to support applied-research and/or Extension programming;
- Demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication and a proven ability to interact extremely effectively with faculty, staff, administrators and external stakeholders;
- Proven record of Extension leadership and scholarship to be eligible for tenure at the full professor rank in his/her appropriate academic unit in the College of Agriculture or School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences.
- Commitment to Auburn University’s core values of excellence, diversity, global involvement, and accountability.
The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time of appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
Desired Qualifications Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete the on-line application process and attach the following: 1) Letter of application 2) a statement of leadership vision for impactful 21st century extension programs (attach in “Other Documentation”); 3) a complete curriculum vita; 4) names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of five professional references; and 5) copy of all transcripts showing degree(s) conferred. Only complete application materials will be considered. The search will continue until the position is filled, but to ensure consideration for the position, applicants are encouraged to apply by April 1, 2018. Please email questions to Dr. Molly Gregg at email@example.com or Dr. Amy Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org, Search Committee Co-chairs.