Revenue Accounting Manager, Coppell, TX
Accountable for the Revenue Accounting and Revenue Operations Function for GW Communication Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of UniTek Global Services, Inc., including the oversite of customer invoicing, billing and collections, as well as month end reporting and related internal controls and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee the revenue, billing and collections function, including month-end close activities in accordance with corporate deadlines which includes accounts receivable, A/R aging and other day-to-day revenue accounting operations.
- Work with corporate and line of business leadership and field billing analyst to bill and collect revenue, optimize cash flow and minimize collection write-offs.
- Provide detailed revenue analysis and decision support to the management team
- Engage in proactive analysis of the company’s collection performance to identify areas of improvement
- Devise and implement controls to ensure proper billing and collection
- Work with lines of business to manage project accounting for unbilled revenue as part of its percentage completion accounting and partial billing process.
- Provide input into the financial and profitability analysis on revenue by project.
- Lead effective collection activities, including issuing invoices on a timely basis, and following up on outstanding invoices to obtain timely receipt of cash
- Assist with audits/reviews as needed and develop corrective action plans for implementing controls of any issues uncovered
- Support corporate tax compliance as it pertains to sales tax.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with corporate and company leadership to encourage sharing of ideas and information, process improvement, and company growth
- Assist with accounting system implementation and new project initiatives as needed
- Review performance of staff and provide feedback
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan the entire project or deliverable.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple staff.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Accounting systems development and deployment.
- Experience with integrated accounting systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- Computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Proficient skills using MS Office with strong experience using Excel
- Strong analytical skills to solve complex issues
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and quality to minimize risk of errors
- Sitting at a desk for 6-8 hours a day
- Working on a computer for 6-8 hours a day.
- The ability to travel as needed
- Typical office environment
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- CPA a plus
- Minimum of 6 to 10 years of accounting experience, with a minimum of 3 years of
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Prior Revenue Accounting experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year