Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Train Dispatcher is responsible for the safe and efficient movement of trains and on-track vehicles within the dispatching district. All candicated must be available for a 12 week training program in Wilmington, DE.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must coordinate and prioritize maintenance of track and signal work, together with the efficient movement of trains
- Must be conversant about Amtrak’s obligations to other railroads and contract, such as the MBTA
- Must keep supervisors informed of all situations which may affect the safe and efficient/on-time operation of all trains.
- Must be available for various shifts and schedules
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Qualified on the NORAC operating rules and Amtrak timetable Special instructions, Instructions contain in the Train Dispatcher’s Manual, as well as other instructions of Federal Regulations, which relate to their duties and Physical Characteristics of the different districts within the Dispatcher’s office.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Candidates who apply to this posting may be contacted now or at a later date when a position becomes available.
Employment Experience Requirements:
Under 1 year of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
Transportation || No Additional