Successful candidates who are hired as Management Trainees for the July 2020 Training Class Group may be placed at a retail store where there is: a) currently an Assistant Manager opening, (b) a location where McCoy's believes the business can support multiple Assistant Managers, and/or (c) a temporary training location near where they currently reside, prior to the start of the July 2020 training class.
Candidates who do not currently live in a McCoy's market, such as Lubbock, Amarillo, or Denver, may be offered a limited relocation package consisting of a cash payment to relocate to a McCoy's market.
Please note the training location and method may change in response to current market variables in the coming weeks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attends and participates in all company-sponsored management training program events as required
- Learns all of the basic duties and responsibilities of all retail store positions, especially the Assistant Manager position, as assigned in the rotational training schedule of the Management Development Program
- Must consistently achieve a passing score in all areas of the Management Development Program, including classroom instruction/skills training, hands-on skills practice, and testing/assessment
- After successful completion of the Management Development Program, can demonstrate working knowledge of the following responsibilities (note: this list is not inclusive):
a. Operate the company’s point-of-sale system to process customer transactions, compile product quotes/estimates, and manage and maintain inventory processes
b. Ensures quality customer service through personal interaction with contractor and retail customers, including how to build and maintain customer relationships. Can resolve customer complaints as necessary
c. Assists customers with product questions and purchases. Provides information to customers and co-workers about product usage, availability and application
d. Uses company reports to analyze sales, gross profit and inventory activity. Identify trends and recommend proactive or remedial action to management
e. Can assign tasks and train new team members on mastered tasks and responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to utilize company point-of-sale system (MAC21), Microsoft Word & Excel, and other 3rd party software applications at a basic level
- Must successfully pass all Company training regarding equipment usage, including obtaining the forklift and delivery driver certifications
- Prior supervisory or management experience in any industry with responsibility for product selection, merchandising, and human resources management (scheduling, payroll, conflict resolution, etc)
- Prior supervisory or management experience in the retail building supply industry
- Working knowledge of building supply and/or agricultural product lines and their usage
- Knowledge and understanding of reading and interpreting blueprints and structural designs, including calculating necessary information for bid and quote submittals to customers
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 to 12 hours per day, at a minimum of 48 hours per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
- This position requires frequent travel with overnight stays, alternating between the assigned home store and Headquarters in San Marcos, Texas
- Must meet driver’s license requirements as required by the Company
- Must be able to legally obtain a rental vehicle in all states in which the company does business
- Must have current auto liability insurance
If hired, the successful candidate(s) will be placed and assigned to a local home store for the duration of the training program. The successful candidate(s) will alternate between their home store and McCoy's Headquarters Office in San Marcos, Texas until the completion of the training program.