CMC Energy Services is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but to save our customers money. We want YOU to join our family and help work toward a more energy efficient future!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities and advancement, training, employee recognition and innovation awards!
Here at CMC, you’ll find a competitive pay and comprehensive benefit package including: paid holidays, PTO, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K with employer match, supplemental benefits and much more! So apply today!
PRIMARY PURPOSE :
The Accountant maintains responsibility for assisting with bi-weekly payroll processing and administration, including compliance with benefits administration, purchasing and inventory management. This position also assists with performing analysis, reconciliation, month-end closing procedures and reporting on Bank, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger accounts.
- Record monthly revenue for all programs.
- Process monthly billings and revenue processing for marketing division.
- Reconcile and analyze revenue ensuring accurate cut-off for monthly reporting
- Assist with administration of employee set up, including new hires, changes, and terminations, ensuring accuracy with employee elections and compliance with administration requirements (e.g. 401K administration and other compliance items).
- Assist with processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist with reconciling payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile monthly benefits by employee.
- Create payroll system reports as required.
- Assist with vendor credit applications.
- Perform price analysis and competitive bid to seek best pricing for products and services; analyze price comparisons, track re-order points, follow up on purchase order/receipt discrepancies, and make recommendations regarding optimal inventory volume.
- Oversee/manage the inventory physical count process and general ledger. reconciliation/accounting for inventory usage and adjustments.
- Work closely in cooperation with CMC's Operations department personnel for vendor selection, unit price monitoring, and part and procurement changes.
- Train employees on the purchasing processes.
- Reconcile accounts receivable invoices, cash receipts and other cash flow documents and information.
- Manage bi-weekly accounts receivable aging reporting and analysis.
- Post general ledger transactions for revenue accrual entries.
- Reconcile vendor invoices ensuring proper accounting classification of costs.
- Oversee the preparation of sales and use tax filings and remittances, as needed.
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts and post monthly bank fees.
- Identify and research outstanding items.
General Ledger/ Financial Statements
- Prepare and review revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting/accrual entries as required.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and documentation of business transactions.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness. Perform accounting analysis to identify anomalies and ensure utmost accuracy.
- Maintain sub ledger accounts and needed data tracking to reconcile and explain the general ledger for management decision making.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Experience, education, knowledge, skills & abilities required for competent performance in the job)
- Bachelors in accounting or finance preferred.
- CPA and/or MBA a plus.
- 5+ years in accounting environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, job costing, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Payroll experience required, including all duties encompassing time & attendance monitoring, payroll deductions, payroll taxes withholding and remittance, employee document maintenance, and outside vendor utilization for payroll processing - multi-state preferred
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications (Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus).
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, sound business practices, and good record keeping methodologies.
- Ability to analyze financial data, statements and projections. Proactive analysis and suggestions for continuous process improvements and efficiencies is expected.
- Knowledge, practical experience and competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook (PowerPoint a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical, organizational, administrative and communication skills. Strong ability to communicate effectively with all levels within or external to the company.
- Must be able to work under pressure, completing projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Physical Requirements (The physical demands of the job)
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Sedentary work: ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Job Type: Full-time
- Payroll: 3 years (Required)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)