- Sales Experience
- Project Management
Director of Sales and Operations
The Director of Sales will be responsible for implementing a structured process for managing the DDS Lab Field Sales and Inside Sales process and teams that is based on pipeline opportunities in Salesforce.com. The Field Sales and Inside Sales teams will report to this position and, as a result, will be responsible for achieving and retaining office acquisitions for DSO and Standard offices at budgeted levels for closures and revenue. This will be accomplished through the development and implementation of the appropriate process and metrics in Salesforce.com. This position is also responsible for establishing new business relationships with new or existing customer organizations, suppliers, insurance companies, GPO organizations, and/or other providers that serve the dental industry. The Director of Sales will justify investment in new opportunities and product lines with an analytical or financially based business case and then drive implementation through the appropriate DDS Lab organization(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement pipeline based “stage” process in Salesforce.com for managing the Field Sales and Inside Sales teams.
- Support the growth and effectiveness of the DDS Field Sales and Inside Sales teams with training, communication and performance metrics.
- Develop and implement a structured process for onboarding new customers.
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of the Inside Sales Team and the Sales Analyst.
- Drive and achieve office acquisitions, retention and revenue to budgeted levels.
- Identify and negotiate partnerships and co-marketing relationships with other companies that can provide access to additional customers and selling opportunities for DDS Lab. Examples are co-marketing agreement(s) with dental insurance companies, GPOs, and customer organizations that have strategic value.
- Evaluate, negotiate and lead new opportunities to improve customer retention with the implementation of new products, processes and strategic customer relationships.
- Partner with DDS Marketing to implement new promotions that drive acquisitions, retention and revenue. Plan and prepare new strategic marketing initiatives.
- Work with current customer organizations to identify new opportunities and develop compelling offerings that capture incremental revenue.
- Support the change management of existing customer behavior to drive better cost leadership and higher revenues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge and experience within dental industry as it pertains to implant and/or removable and/or orthodontic/sequential aligner products that can easily translate into dental lab effectiveness preferred.
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and develop new opportunities.
- The ability to develop and present compelling presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to develop an economic business case for a new product, service, opportunity or idea.
- Strong project management skills to take new ideas, products, relationships, etc. and validate and implement them to drive successful outcomes.
- Ability to lead and influence others that do not have direct reporting to this position.
- Ability to develop effective marketing programs that drive favorable outcomes in support of new opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years of dental experience in a role that has strong “in field” responsibility for customer sales, retention and growth is preferred.
- 3+ years of responsibility for regional or national sales and/or account management. Sales experience in the dental field a plus.
- Experienced in customer data collection, metrics and analysis.
- Ability to understand dental lab business and recognize developing market and product trends.
- Ability to develop business case for new ideas and make compelling presentations.
- Leadership and mentoring management style
- Ability to work as a team player in existing DDS Lab culture
- Ability to performance management direct reports
- Financial analysis
- Ethical Conduct
- Collaboration Skills
This position may require up to 50% travel. Demand for international travel may exist on a limited basis. Therefore, ability to obtain a Visa and gain entry into Canada, Europe and Asia are required. This position is in Tampa, FL.
About DDS Lab
DDS Lab is fast growing multinational healthcare company based in Tampa, FL. DDS Lab provides over 400 different medical devices for dental service organizations, mid-size group dental practices and sole practitioner dentists across the United States. The company's mission is to make a difference in the lives of patients with quality solutions that enable dentists to create healthy smiles. We believe having a talented team of professionals helps us achieve this goal.
Our benefits program has a robust offering of solutions designed to meet the health and wellness needs of our employees and their loved ones. More information about our products, services, benefits, and team is found on www.ddslab.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Salesforce.com: 1 year (Required)