The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR management in supporting employees at all three sites. The position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Strategic Planning, Talent Management, Training, and Employee Development, Compensation, Performance Management, Benefits Administration and Compliance with applicable employment rules
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS
1. Assist in implementing, maintaining, and updating automated human resource database system (PAYCOM and COPA and Cityspan, etc.) for current and former employee.
2. Responsible for creating and maintaining electronic employee personnel files/record job history, including education credentials, first aid, and CPR certification, physical exams. Follow up on renewal dates of medical certifications background checks, and all other license compliance components.
3. Interpret benefit and retirement plans and policies in order to facilitate administration, respond to questions, and interface with carriers to solve complex benefits problems.
4. Responsible for processing background checks for all employees, temporary employees, volunteers, interns, and consultants in accordance with licensing standards and requirements.
5. Serves as an expert for recruiting candidates, meeting fill-rate requirements. Uses traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates. Ensures high visibility on job boards and other resources to attract candidates.
6. Screens resumes, interviews candidates, administers appropriate assessments, reference/background checking, make recommendations for hire, and delivers employment offers for both exempt and non-exempt positions. Manages current candidate activity within the HRIS system and maintains all recruitment files
7. Develops and maintains excellent relationships with internal and external clients to ensure the achievement of staffing goals. Collaborate and follow-up consistently with hiring managers and employees.
8. Manages internal transfer process including selection and offer.
9. Conducts exit interviews, analyze data, and make recommendations to management team as it relates to corrective action and/or improvement.
10. Facilitates HR related training and New Hire Orientation to employees.
11. Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to HR
12. Maintain liaisons with agency brokers, benefit providers, and all other professional colleagues as necessary.
13. Files EEO-1 report annually and maintain other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
14. Responsible for maintaining the employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
15. Administers the compensation program and assists with the performance evaluation program.
16. Counsels and provides guidance to management with regard to corrective action procedures. Responds to and facilitates resolution of employee relations issues including but not EEOC charges for VP HR review.
17. Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
B.A. in Human Resources or related field.
- 3 - 5 years of HR experience, preferably in community-based, nonprofit social service setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with HRIS and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to analyze the causes of interpersonal conflict and resolve communication issues
- Most have in-depth knowledge of HR core competencies
- SHRM certification preferred
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the agency
- Strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
- Possess a true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure high level of employee engagement
Carole Robertson Center for Learning is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. Carole Robertson Center for Learning evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should
call (312) 243-7300 ext. 226 with their request.