- High School Diploma or GED
- CPT Coding
- EMR Systems
- Supervising Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports all front office positions/functions and fills in as needed.
- Directs all front office staff activity.
- Performs audits on a daily basis.
- Evaluates and assesses job performance and social interactions of employees.
- Motivates, coaches and counsels staff.
- Maintains a supervisory demeanor and relationship with employees.
- Produces weekly and daily reports associated with patient activity.
- Responsible for physician scheduled absences as they relate to the appointment schedule.
- Coordinates daily staff schedule.
- Assesses patient flow to assure optimum operations; monitors patient scheduling.
- Reviews waiting room status and follows up as necessary.
- Maintains a professional, team oriented, positive attitude.
- Communicates daily with the office manager.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager, administrator, or physicians.
- Solid knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding, chart audit processes, HIPAA, and collection processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with patients, physicians, and staff in a tactful, diplomatic and professional manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively lead staff
Knowledge and Skills
- EMR experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum three years supervisory experience in a medical office.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)