Experience the Power of Packaging: Join The BoxMaker
Are you an experienced production support professional with a custom manufacturing background? Are you passionate about the details and ready to join a team making a difference for businesses in the Pacific Northwest? Are you seeking a workplace culture that lives its values of service, respect, and excellence?
The BoxMaker is recruiting a Technical Resources Specialist to join our Client Services team in Kent, WA. This role plays a key part in preparing orders for production and has the opportunity to collaborate across departments to get the job done for our clients.
About Our Company
Since 1981, The BoxMaker has delivered products and services that focus on the big picture to benefit clients’ bottom line. As an all-in-one packaging partner, The BoxMaker is the complete package – offering much more than our name implies. We strive to be the region’s best independent provider of custom packaging, displays, and related services.
About This Position
The Technical Resources Specialist ensures that each new product spec is compatible with our manufacturing equipment and that products can be successfully produced as estimated. This role is also responsible for review of artwork proofs, ordering plates and dies as deemed necessary, and correcting repeat specs that have been updated. The Technical Resources Specialist will have the opportunity to work directly with many departments within The BoxMaker to ensure client orders are completed successfully.
A successful candidate for this position will be detail-oriented and a background in custom manufacturing. If you are motivated by accuracy, quality, and customer service, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process new specs for Corrugated by collecting missing data, verifying that product can be produced successfully as es Perform cross check for accuracy on new item sheet with sign offs and web center. Create new die and print record if needed.
- Data entry and consolidation of spec
- Work with Client Support Specialist, Sales rep and print vendor to create proof the art, include all spec details
- Place purchase orders for die boards, track missing/late deliveries if necessary, receive and release plates and die s.
- Act as Design Liaison to get manufacture files and Mylars created for wide format projects die cutting in the corrugated division and Mylars for items printing on one machine and die cutting on another
- Correct any repeat specs that have updated requirements from their orignal version.
- Performs continuous review of new and existing FTs for corrugated and eventually all manufacturing
- Reviews Specs to determine compatibility to machinery on which it is scheduled to
- New Items: Modifies content of Spec in preparation for manufacturing and prior to order
- Existing/Repeat Items: Reconciles Spec to changing production floor
- Liaison who coordinates with production Supervisors/Managers to keep production preferences up to date and communicate between CSS and Supervisors/Managers any changes.
- Notifies Production Support, Manufacturing, any other necessary departments of any Spec changes
- Host or attend Corrugated and Wide Format New Item Review (NIR)
- Regular physical attendance is required due to the production nature of the job.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Service minded Attention to detail
- Spelling, grammar, and effective verbal and written English skills
- Ability to effectively change between multiple priorities and software programs Work well with a variety of personality types
- Effective problem solving skills
Job Type: Full-time