The CLBO MIS Project Manager will contribute to the advancement of the reporting and analytic environment within Consumer Lending and Banking Operations to create a world-class MIS Center of Excellence. This position will provide MIS reporting, automation, process improvement, infrastructure development, ad-hoc analysis and strategy optimization. In addition, this position will develop team members’ technical and project management skills; Develop infrastructure and organizational adoption of a new business intelligence platform; Enhance quality control processes and project quality initiatives; Identify opportunities and participate in efforts to enhance the division’s overall intelligence and analytic capabilities.
The candidate should have a balanced skill set of business acumen, previous experience with reporting/BI, working knowledge of change management, analytical capabilities, and programming skills. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with analysts located at Discover’s Shanghai office and provide technical support for report, analysis, and automation projects. The candidate must be proactive, have strong thinking and problem solving skills, willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The candidate should be able to multi-task and quickly turn-around immediate priority requests as well as work on longer-term modeling/research type of projects.
• Manage relationships with business partners.
• Manage project flow and prioritize projects with business partners.
• Complete technical projects through use of SAS, SQL, UNIX, Tableau, and other available tools.
• Provide directions and needed assistance to staff members (if applicable).
• Participate in efforts for enhancing overall automation and analytic capabilities, including information assessment, process improvement and new technology evaluation and adoption.
• Maintain a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques.
• Proactively acquire business knowledge and technical expertise to provide insights to our business issues and concerns.
• Performance management
Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and process
• 3+ years of financial services experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or other quantitative fields. Master’s preferred.
Skill & Competency Requirements
• Extensive working knowledge of SAS, SQL, relational databases, Tableau and UNIX.
• Experience with architecting, developing, and/or using business intelligence platforms (Tableau, QlikView, Cognos, Essbase, etc)
• Passionate in decision analytics, interested in using data for business insight, experience in modeling is a plus
• Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects
• Change Management, Six Sigma, and/or LEAN certification a plus
• Knowledge of Hadoop Hive and Zookeeper is a plus.
• Good English communication and interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude with work
Lean Six Sigma would be a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.