Sign-On Bonus Details: $10,000 for a 2-year commitment to UPMC
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
This position works 3 - 12 hour shifts or 4 - 10 hour shifts - rotating schedule (rotating evenings and weekends required).
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data. Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Administers PO and rectal contrast per physician orders/department policy
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Performs diagnostic radiography procedures utilizing established protocols/procedures without requiring constant supervision.
- Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, manipulation and documentation of image data and completes procedures according to protocol.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgement to adjust protocols and shows initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic radiography purposes.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patients fears and solicit their cooperation.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
ARRT Registry eligible as a Radiologic Technologist. Must obtain radiography registry within 12 months of hire date. CPR or BLS Required. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- ARRT Certificate
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 31 with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.