Mortgage Closer / Post-Closer
The Mortgage Closer / Post-Closer is responsible for mortgage closing and post-closings. This individual will assist the department in creation and implementation of processes and procedures in meeting service level commitments and compliance requirements to our customers and investors. Responsible for ensuring the proper and efficient operation of all assigned loan closings to ensure all regulatory requirements and legal agreements are met all the way through the sale of the loan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and prioritize their workflow for the day to day operation, to maximize productivity and quality.
- Follow Mortgage Closing Calendar.
- Regularly monitor the pipeline and incoming volumes to ensure appropriate prioritization.
- Insure preparation of accurate closing documents and instructions including calculating and preparing documentation in partnership with closing agent and analyzing all closing loan file documentation for accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in compliance with process and procedures, as well as maintaining high customer service levels for internal partners and customers
- Recommend suggestions for improving efficiencies within the department by monitoring and identify trends, best practices, and regulatory developments.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of mortgage lending products, policies, processes, and required documentation for Government-Sponsored Enterprise (GSE), Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Affairs (VA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and portfolio products as required.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with co-workers, internal and external clients/business partners, and vendors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-year minimum experience in closing and post-closing mortgage functions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public.
- Thorough understanding of mortgage lending guidelines, laws, regulations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to analyze and mitigate risk
- Ability to manage workflow effectively
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ellie Mae Encompass experience a plus!
Job Type: Full-time
- Mortgage Closing: 1 year (Required)