Territory Sales Agent – Outside Sales
The Territory Sales Agent will be responsible for the sale of industrial shredding equipment for ferrous and non-ferrous metals.The successful candidate will be a true “hunter” responsible for market development and securing sales in the assigned territory.
- Develop revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls and the establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers leading to future sales
- Apply knowledge of scrap metal industry to identify and pursue sales opportunities with key organizational stakeholders.
- Sell and promote all approved product lines within a designated sales territory.
- Continually meet or exceed sales quotas and expectations. Drive annual sales growth to meet financial and sales targets
- Proactively identify, solicit and motivate targeted prospects using a variety of methods such as cold-calling, lead qualifying, presenting proposals and sales funnel management.
- Maintain sales records and provide required reporting.
- Promote equipment sales through conventions, trade shows etc.
- Develop competitive pricing strategies and long term agreements with key accounts.
- Create customer profiles for assigned account base (including key players, competitors and market share).
- Keep up to date on product and industry knowledge and attend product training as required.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
- Coordinate and deliver sales presentations, product demonstrations, and other sales actions.
- Collaborate with the executive to develop short- and long-term strategic plans.
- Maintain continuity in customer relationships through frequent face to face visits at customer’s facilities.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with Cole Integrated’s principal equipment suppliers.
- College degree in a technical or engineering field or equivalent combination of education and technical field experience.
- 5 years plus experience in a technical sales role in the scrap metal industry.
- Business to Business direct sales, industrial/ manufacturing sales/management, and strong mechanical or technical aptitude are required.
- Proven ability to establish trust with customers, dealers, and fellow employees
- Self-motivated, highly flexible, professional and responsive
- Excellent negotiation skills with a proven track record of successful sales growth revenue
- Ability to responsibly and effectively work from remote locations
- Familiarity with export regulations
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management stills
- Ability to read and understand technical documents
- Valid drivers’ licence
Travel – 30-50% domestic and international
Salary: Fees, commission and expenses.
Location: Flexible.Sales Territory includes: Michigan, Ohio, Texas
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)