About the x.ai team
At x.ai you’ll have an opportunity to work with an inspiring group of highly intelligent, curious, and super-engaged people coming from all walks of life. Our challenge is not easily tackled by mimicking technology that has come before us. We are building something that’s never been built before, and that means the initiatives you’ll take on will push you to your limits. But you’ll have a truly amazing team on your side. Everyone on our team relishes our challenge, and helps each other and learns from each other. If this excites you rather than intimidates you, come join us.
We feel like one of our greatest strengths is the diversity of our team. We come from different countries, technical backgrounds, welcome teammates across the LGBTQ spectrum, have different personalities and perspectives, and we even employ a couple of non-human animals (Lumi and Rupert). This diversity of background leads to diversity of thought, and we nurture it with conviction. The women in our organization meet regularly to discuss issues concerning women in tech, and we have a monthly diversity group workshop to make sure we’re continuing to strengthen our team’s awareness, understanding and engagement with diversity. We’ve had great success with people moving from all over the country to work with us, so if you’re thinking about moving to NYC, you won’t regret it!
About our challenge
At x.ai, we believe everyone deserves a helpful artificial intelligence assistant to give you back the hours spent in meeting scheduling ping-pong. We are building AI personal assistants (Amy and Andrew) that schedule meetings for you. This is a yet unsolved problem within AI, and a formidable technical challenge.
Our team has spent 4 years building the powerful, fundamental technology to allow us to solve the meeting scheduling problem. While we’ll always be working to make Amy and Andrew smarter, our next big challenge is scaling, to make them available to everyone in the world.
You are a seasoned UI Designer with experience building digital products . You delight in thinking through visual designs, and building and testing prototypes. You are excited about the product we’re building and can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and commit your skills and perspective.
You are the type of person who enjoys building effective user experiences, and have the design skills to take ideas from concept to creation. You think in terms of design systems, but also sweat the details.
You’re humble, collaborative, can push and pull when discussing different approaches to solving problems, and most of all you care deeply about being part of a respectful and hard-working team tackling a very difficult problem.
About the Role
You’ll be embedded within the product and technology teams to design thoughtful features and improvements for multiple digital channels (both internal and external facing). As part of a small group of designers, you’ll be the voice and authority on all things visual and interaction design.
You will be focused on helping customers solve their complex scheduling problems by providing the most convenient solutions that fit within their existing workflows. You’ll lead the expansion of our assistant to all possible touch-points while keeping the conversational interface at the core of the product.
- Collaborate and partner with product managers and developers across teams
- Design interaction workflows, prototypes, and visual designs with business and technical objectives in mind
- Develop and maintain UI systems, style guides and templates across multiple digital properties
- Able to effectively incorporate feedback on designs while confidently presenting the logic behind your decisions
- Work closely with front-end developers to implement designs while monitoring for visual integrity and consistency across browsers and platforms
- Researching and incorporating best practices and emerging trends in digital design
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in digital product design with an emphasis on UI design
- A solid portfolio to back up that experience
- Strong visual and interaction design skills with demonstrated ability to create and maintain design systems
- Experience working closely with or embedded within tech teams
- Firm knowledge of Sketch and Invision, or similar UI & prototyping tools
- Working understanding of CSS, HTML, and responsive breakpoints
- HTML email design knowledge a plus
- Work with a team of amazing people
- Tackle a problem not solved before
- Self-managed and flexible paid time off - vacation & sick time
- Healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Gym membership (or activity equivalent) on us
- Team outings, both near and far
- Collaborative work spaces
- Weekly catered team dinners and a steady flow of coffee & beer
- Your own personal assistants, Amy and Andrew