Job Description:Company Overview:
TS Tech Indiana is a leading global automotive tier one
supplier with 72 locations in 14 countries. Our
commitment to quality has resulted in the organization
winning the prestigious JD Powers award for seat
quality. We have an immediate need for Maintenance
Technician for our New Castle, IN facility. Excellent
benefits package, and bonus are available for qualifying
Maintenance Technical Specialist
Minimum five (5) years experience in
industrial, commercial, or military maintenance
environment. Possess skills in electrical/mechanical
troubleshooting and repair of automated equipment. Use
and operation of programmable logic controllers, along
with writing/installing and troubleshooting ladder
logics. Understand and apply the National Electric Code.
Two (2) year Technical degree, electrical certificate or
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will perform a variety of multi trade functions, such
as the installation, maintenance or repair of equipment,
machinery, and facility; for the generation,
distribution and utilization of electrical energy.
- Perform any duties necessary to maintain machinery,
equipment, systems or facilities in a state of good,
safe working condition, including troubleshooting,
repair, installation, remove and replacement, basic
design, advanced fabrication, adjustment, rebuilding,
- Work involves replacing electrical components,
switches, fixtures, wires, fuses, motors, and circuit
breakers, as well as making recommendations of suitable
- Work on transformers, controllers, switching relays
and contractors, timers, heating devices, disconnects,
thermocouples, solenoid values, lights.
- Bend, assemble, hang and run conduit systems; and pull
wire for control and electrical power transmission.
Write, install and troubleshoot ladder logic.
- Rewire machinery to update specifications, punch holes
in boxes, assemble electrical panels, locate, diagnose
and repair machinery with electrical problems.
- Read blueprints, engineering sketches or designs;
recognize and interpret details as well as slight
variations in objects and use analytical skills.
- Perform standard computations relating to load
requirements of electrical consumers and size for the
proper wire and safety devices.
- Must keep accurate written records for the ordering of
replacement parts and part quantities. Keep on-hand
stock of high usage components identified and
- Regularly inspect and adjust manufacturing equipment
as a result of communication with the operators or
- Oil, grease, align and assist with cleaning machinery
as well as mechanical parts.
- Fit bearings, align and synchronize gears, connect
belts and chains, replace seals and gaskets and torque
- Perform tasks relating to the building facility,
utilities and outside grounds, when requested.
- Run tube, hose or piping, for air, water, gas, steam,
hydraulic fluid or process system and have a basic
understanding of force related to pressure and workings
of a hydraulic power unit.
- Work with rigging and scaffolding, using ropes,
chains, cables, hoists, jacks and lift trucks to move
- Ability to operate stationary machines and powered
hand tools is a must. Will occasionally perform welding
and cutting torch operations.
- Use precision measuring instruments, and understand
how things fit and work together.
- Work closely with an engineer on a special project or
task, and must be able to effectively communicate on
issues such as scope of work, completion schedules,
problems, solutions, materials or parts required, etc.
- Work will involve examination of machines of various
types to diagnose the source of problems, and initiate
whatever type of repair is required, and test the
- Support development of 5S, TPM and Kaizen programs.
- Ensure safe operations.
- Will ensure daily control items align with the company
business plan and key objectives/metrics.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requires extensive knowledge of Maintenance
facilities/equipment practices and procedures.