Pflugerville Independent School District - Job Description
Job Title/Position: Educational Associate Department/School: Assigned Campus
Pay Information: Clerical/Paraprofessional Compensation Plan Supervised By: Campus Principal
FLSA: Non-Exempt Date Revised: January 2020
Assist teachers in preparation and management of classroom and administrative activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience/Education/Certification):
High School diploma or GED; At least 48 semester of college work, or a Paraprofessional Highly Qualified Certificate, or an Associate’s degree or
higher, and a valid Texas Paraprofessional Certificate (can obtain after hire).
1. Assist in a variety of areas at a campus (e.g., helping teachers in preparation and assisting in the library, adaptive physical education
classrooms, and severely challenged special education classrooms); may assist with tube feeding, toileting, lifting/transferring students.
2. Work with individual students or small groups; correct homework, grade papers; inform teacher of a student’s special needs or problems;
help teachers keep administrative records and prepare required reports; call parents to discuss students’ progress or disciplinary problems;
monitor student behavior; discipline students as necessary.
3. Operate audio-visual equipment as necessary; maintain a safe and productive work area, perform clerical duties as requested.
4. Follow Educator Code of Conduct & all policies, procedures, laws and state/federal regulations.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of classroom management and child development techniques and principles
Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, guidelines and procedures
Skill in working with linguistically and culturally diverse students
Skill in working with students with disabilities
Skill in working with various forms of educational technology including, but not limited to, personal computers
Skill in working in collaborative team based environments
Working Conditions (Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Demands):
Maintain emotional control under stress; biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases; regular heavy lifting of students; must be able
to lift and/or carry at least 50 lbs independently and over 50 lbs with assistance.
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required.